Re: Review of draft WoT WG Charter needed

Dear Michael, All:

My apologies for the slow response. On the other hand APA has conducted
a top to bottom review. More on that below.

To your specific question regarding the new WoT Charter we see no
particular need for additional language in the draft currently on
github. However, if additional language would help WoT keep
accessibility usefully focussed and prioritized, we're happy to indicate
our preference for github PR #50:

https://github.com/w3c/wot-charter-drafts/pull/50

Our opinion is that this additional language only makes explicit what
has been a useful working relationship between our groups. We have no
objection to making this work and our relationship more explicit. If it
helps WoT recharter, let's absolutely go with this language.

for specifics of that. One possible item may be our item #2 below.

Now to the details ...

1.) s you'll recall from our joint meeting ahead of TPAC last, we're
very concerned that WoT standards support installation and configuration
of devices better. Critically, we'd like better support for fault
tolerance. The log of our conversation is here:

https://www.w3.org/2022/09/06-wot-minutes.html#t12

2.) To this end we've recently looked at Matter because it seemed it
could be the solution, or part of the solution. We'd like your views on
the role of Matter and Thread, especially as it relates to our concerns
for initial configuration support and for fault tolerance. Our last
logged discussion on this topic is logged here:

https://www.w3.org/2023/03/01-apa-minutes.html#t05

We'd like to understand better WoT (and W3C's) relation to the
Matter/Thread specifications, but also whether you believe they might
factor in addressing our configuration/tolerance concerns.

Should this question perhaps be more clearly visible in the new Charter?

3.) Beyond the above, we have the following comments in general on
accessibility in WoT specifications:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2023Jan/0000.html

I will be happy to file any or all of this via github issues, but wanted
to check with you before doing so. I suspect not all of this is germane
to rechartering WoT, so that's another reason to communicate these
questions and conclusions with you first via email.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)