W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2022

Re: Agenda: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 11 May at 1400Z

From: Matthew Atkinson <matkinson@tpgi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 15:31:12 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BCCCA87C-CDAA-4321-9D98-D5AD7D82B6D8@tpgi.com>
Hi all,

Please find minutes for today at https://www.w3.org/2022/05/11-apa-minutes.html and repeated below in text form for convenience.

Best regards,


Matthew

                             – DRAFT –
     Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Weekly Teleconference

11 May 2022

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2022/05/11-apa-irc


Attendees

   Present
          becky, Fredrik, Irfan, janina, Joshue, Lionel_Wolberger,
          Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, mike_beganyi, Nadine,
          nadinesienel, niklasegger, PaulG, Roy

   Regrets
          Becky_Gibson, Gottfried_Zimmerman

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          Matthew_Atkinson

Contents

    1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
    2. [4]New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/

       issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+
       requested%22
    3. [5]A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/

       horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review
    4. [6]new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

    5. [7]Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/

       APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned
    6. [8]FAST and Maturity Model Updates
    7. [9]Task Force & Deliverables Updates
         1. [10]RQTF
         2. [11]Personalization
         3. [12]Maturity Model
    8. [13]Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/

       track/actions/open
    9. [14]TPAC22 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/

       TPAC_2022
   10. [15]Other Business
   11. [16]be done

Meeting minutes

  Agenda Review & Announcements

  New Charters Review [17]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/

  issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%2
  2

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+review+requested"

   MichaelC: No new charters this week.

  A11y Review Comment Tracker [18]https://w3c.github.io/

  horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review


   <MichaelC> [19]https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/312


     [19] https://github.com/w3c/media-source/issues/312


   Matthew_Atkinson: As MichaelC says, this appears to be work in
   progress.

   Matthew_Atkinson: I need to follow up on the other PRs they
   made.

   MichaelC: will mark as non-pending (one we're tracking now)

  new on TR [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html


     [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html


   <MichaelC> [21]https://www.w3.org/TR/capture-handle-identity/


     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/capture-handle-identity/


   MichaelC: Abstract: This document proposes a mechanism by which
   an application APP can opt-in to exposing certain information
   with another application CAPTR, if CAPTR is screen-capturing
   the tab in which APP is running. It describes a mechanism for
   tab capture only.

   MichaelC: This seems to be a way of screen-capturing tabs (or
   parts of tabs).

   MichaelC: Use cases include avoiding hall-of-mirrors effects.

   janina: One issue is not getting text in screen shares. Is this
   a vector for that?

   MichaelC: this builds on top of the screen capture spec.

   Lionel_Wolberger: Should the information exposed by an app
   include more than just the screen? E.g. audio? Metadata? Noting
   that if Google and Mozilla (Editors) are concerned, this must
   be a common problem?

   Lionel_Wolberger: Don't want to cut off some of the information
   stream that may be needed to support AT.

   janina: Agree, but it seems the upstream screen capture spec is
   where we'd raise concerns about this.

   MichaelC: The referenced API is from the screen capture API;
   suggest we circle back to that.

   MichaelC: This spec is not getting to the level of _what_ is
   captured; just _who_ is capturing.

   <MichaelC> [22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Screen_Capture


     [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Screen_Capture


   MichaelC: Propose to decline to review this one, then look at
   Screen Capture.

   janina: +1

   +1 from me too

   <MichaelC> [23]https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/


     [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/


   janina: This has been in development for 6 years at least;
   suggst we review thoroughly.

   MichaelC: +1

   MichaelC: If we need text capture, this is the spec we need to
   review.

   janina: Timing is good considering second wide review of RQTF's
   Accessibility of Remote Meetings document.

   MichaelC: It mentions capturing the cursor—think they're
   referring to the mouse cursor. Says nothing about
   text/keyboard.

   MichaelC: Screen capture apps tend to stream an image of the
   screen. But if you can refine to the level of a cursor, seems
   you should be able to access the text.

   janina: Consider Zoom gallery view etc.

   janina: Sign interpreting is a relevant use case. People may
   wish to pin the interpreter (specifically).

   janina: This may be a TPAC conversation.

   MichaelC: Assign to whom?

   janina: me for now

   janina: We have good user requirements coming out of RQTF; need
   to interface those.

   MichaelC: The sooner we send comments, the better.

   <MichaelC> [24]https://www.w3.org/TR/dapt-reqs/


     [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/dapt-reqs/


   MichaelC: I think we are interested in this.

   janina: +1

   MichaelC: This is FPWD of a Note track document.

   Matthew_Atkinson: I can look at Screen Capture so janina can
   concentrate on this one.

   <MichaelC> [25]https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/


     [25] https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/


   MichaelC: Last time we said any mini apps spec should have an
   accessibility considerations section—but we didn't send that as
   an APA comment.

   janina: We should do something about that.

   janina: We have a comment from Becky that we may not have
   delivered.

   MichaelC: Assigning to Roy for now.

   <PaulG> I think we'll need to know how mini apps interact with
   iAccessibility APIs

   <MichaelC> [26]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-conditional-4/


     [26] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-conditional-4/


   MichaelC: Amy was reviewing it; we decided to let it mature;
   probably time to review now.

   <MichaelC> [27]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-3/


     [27] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-3/


   <MichaelC> [28]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-4/


     [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-4/


   Matthew_Atkinson: I can have a go if some are urgent (not an
   expert, but using CSS more lately)

   Matthew_Atkinson: [to take the conditional rules level 4]

   <MichaelC> [29]https://www.w3.org/TR/webnn/


     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/webnn/


   MichaelC: relates to ethical principles

   MichaelC: Lots of use cases

   janina: I think RQTF/Jasn are candidates for this one.

   PaulG: This appears to be very low-level

  Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: [30]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/

  Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned


   MichaelC: We have caught up on many of these; should circle
   back

  FAST and Maturity Model Updates

   janina: Will merge this into TF updates after this week.

   janina: Unless reason to keep them separate? [no objections]

   janina: Maturity Model is meeting in the next hour. Working on
   set-up; productive work being done.

   MichaelC: COGA will have input on Functional Needs; tracking
   that.

   MichaelC: We're trying to keep our list of functional needs
   high-level but also want to capture important needs.

   MichaelC: Getting edits in multiple places; need to manage
   this.

   Joshue108: Productive call with COGA leadership.

   Joshue108: Good dynamic. Need to manage scope and expectations.
   Looking forward to continuing to work with COGA.

   janina: When is this expected to publish? Are we going through
   the Note track FPWD process?

   MichaelC: Now we have new list of functional needs.

   <MichaelC> [31]https://w3c.github.io/fast/


     [31] https://w3c.github.io/fast/


   MichaelC: Now we have at least section headings for all needs
   (previously just a list). Some clean-up needed on slightly
   redundant stuff. We could publish now, but it still has empty
   sections. Important task for us to explain what each heading
   means in practice. That will take a lot of writing time. If we
   publish now, we should say we know we're working on it.

   janina: This would help us gauge what people think of the
   direction.

   MichaelC: It's in GitHub, Google Docs and Google Sheets, all of
   which are getting comments and edits.

   Joshue108: Now we have something in GitHub we're going in the
   right direction.

   <Joshue108> +1 for publishing FAST

   MichaelC: [adds preparing FAST for publication to TODO list]

  Task Force & Deliverables Updates

    RQTF

   janina: In the process of second wide review for Accessibility
   of Remote Meetings, which will help us inform the Screen
   Capture review (this and RTC). Good source docs to point to in
   reviews.

   janina: May not cover everything, but will help.

   janina: NAUR: updated WD requested

   janina: [Notes: no need for messaging for NAUR, as it's already
   published]

   janina: SAUR is out for wide review; comments due on Friday;
   none so far.

   janina: Will need a CfC to finalize SAUR and advance it to W3C
   Note status.

   janina: We may at that point ask the AC to consider advancing
   it to W3C Statement status. This is a new status as of last
   December.

   janina: First step is for us to review SAUR and make sure we're
   happy with it via a CfC to close the doc and advance to Note.

   janina: RQTF has taken up work on collaborative documents

    Personalization

   Lionel_Wolberger: Focusing in the renaming of our spec and
   preparing for TPAC.

   Lionel_Wolberger: Continuing to talk about implementations as
   we go to CR

    Maturity Model

   janina: Work continues

  Actions Checkin (Specs) [32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/

  open

     [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open


   janina: Lionel_Wolberger wants to know where to post the
   comment on i18n glossary.

   <Lionel_Wolberger> [33]https://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-glossary/


     [33] https://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-glossary/


   janina: Does this need an APA comment (i.e. CfC)?

   <Lionel_Wolberger> It opens, "The APA wishes to bring to i18n's
   attention the lack of terms in this glossary relating to
   alternative reading experiences, particularly screen-reader,
   AAC symbol-based, and gesture- based communication experiences.
   We did expect to find definitions in the glossary, here is why.
   "

   Lionel_Wolberger: I was commenting on our behalf, as agreed.

   Matthew_Atkinson: janina and I have the content side of Media
   Source Extensions

   Matthew_Atkinson: I have WebXR hand input level 1; Need to send
   info on Google Wave re collaborative stuff

   janina: Jason and I are working on implementing EditorConfig
   which Matthew_Atkinson recommended.

  TPAC22 [34]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022


     [34] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022


   janina: Please add your TF proposed joint meetings/working
   sessions to this page (by next week)

   janina: You can use the template there. We will continue to add
   and eventually it'll get moved into a day slot and ultimately
   minutes added.

   janina: I have 4 updates from RQTF, Personalization and
   Pronunciation coming up.

   janina: We have multiple agenda items with DPUB, i18n. This is
   how we organize TPAC: capture it here and talk about it.

  Other Business

  be done


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [35]scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).

     [35] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html


-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson (he/him)
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
TPG Interactive
https://www.tpgi.com

A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com

--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.

On 10/05/2022, 20:12, "Janina Sajka" <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

    CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.


    Zoom teleconference info is available at this non-public page:
            https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_apa


    Minutes from our last teleconference are available at:
    https://www.w3.org/2022/05/04-apa-minutes.html


    What:   APA Weekly Teleconference
    When:   Wednesday 11 May
            10:00 AM        Boston -- U.S. Eastern  Time            (EDT: UTC -4:00)
            Corresponding times in other time zones are:
            http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=APA+Teleconference&iso=20220511T10&p1=43&ah=1

    Where:  Zoom Teleconference Service
            https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_apa

            IRC: irc.w3.org Channel: #apa
            Additional logistics below

    ** Preliminary Agenda for APA WG Telecon Wednesday 11 May 2022

    Chair:  Janina
    agenda+ Agenda Review & Announcements
    agenda+ New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

    agenda+ A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

    agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

    agenda+ Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

    agenda+ FAST and Maturity Model Updates
    agenda+ Task Force & Deliverables Updates
    agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

    agenda+ TPAC22 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022

    agenda+ Other Business
    agenda+ be done

    Resource: APA & Task Force Teleconference Minutes
    APA:            https://www.w3.org/2022/05/04-apa-minutes.html

    RQTF:           http://www.w3.org/2022/05/04-rqtf-minutes.html

    COGA TF:        https://www.w3.org/2022/05/05-coga-minutes.html

    p13n:           https://www.w3.org/2022/05/09-personalization-minutes.html

    Pronunciation:  https://www.w3.org/2022/04/20-pronunciation-minutes.html

    Maturity Model: https://www.w3.org/2022/05/04-maturity-minutes.html


    Additional resources for APA at:
    https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Key_Resources_and_Links



    --

    Janina Sajka
    (she/her/hers)
    https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka


    Linux Foundation Fellow
    Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:       http://a11y.org


    The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
    Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures     http://www.w3.org/wai/apa




Received on Wednesday, 11 May 2022 15:31:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 11 May 2022 15:31:28 UTC