Re: TPAC: CSS-WG + APA Meeting

On 2021-10-15 16:36, janina@rednote.net wrote:
> Chris:
>
> Your steps are all good -- except the last one. There's lots of
> consternation about a link (hopefully also including Meeting ID plus pin
> for those not using a browser interface) coming last minute.

No, the link is on the website all the time. It just actually does
something, five minutes before the call. I haven't tried to see what it
does before that, I guess you get an error message.

> Do we honestly expect email to be THAT reliable?
Email is just to confirm registration.

> There's also guidance out today suggesting we will q+ via raising hands
> on Zoom. Again, last minute changes just aren't going to be reliable. I
> propose every meeting needs a queue manager able to monitor both Zoom
> and IRC and facilitate calling on the next person. That's what we've
> done for the last half year in our Research Questions Task Force calls,
> where we've had regular ASL plus human captioning. Yes, we finally have
> a half-year's experience integrating deaf and hearing impaired
> individuals into discussions dominated by mostly blind folks. We've
> learned a bit from that!

I would love to see that valuable experience written up somewhere, like
the W3C Guide.

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus