W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > March 2021

APA Minutes 2021-03-10

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 19:01:51 +0100
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <019801d715d7$730ca740$5925f5c0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML:  <https://www.w3.org/2021/03/10-apa-minutes.html> https://www.w3.org/2021/03/10-apa-minutes.html

Text: See below my signature.

Summary of action items

1.	 <https://www.w3.org/2021/03/10-apa-minutes.html#a01> JF to investigate https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/ - do we have a comment to submit?

 

Best regards,

Gottfried 

___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann

Access Technologies Group, Germany

___________________________________________________

 

   [1]W3C

 

      [1]  <https://www.w3.org/> https://www.w3.org/

 

                             – DRAFT –

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

 

10 March 2021

 

   [2]IRC log.

 

      [2]  <https://www.w3.org/2021/03/10-apa-irc> https://www.w3.org/2021/03/10-apa-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          amy_c, becky, dlibby_, ela, Fazio_, Fredrik, Gottfried,

          IanPouncey, janina, jasonjgw, JeanneSpellman, JF,

          joconnor, John, John Paton, Jonny_James, Laura_Carlson,

          MichaelC, Paton, sharon

 

   Regrets

          Leonie, Paul

 

   Chair

          Becky

 

   Scribe

          Gottfried

 

Contents

 

    1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements; Time Changes;

    2. [4]Special presentation Media Queries to enhance

       accessibility

    3. [5]Open CFC -

    4. [6]Task Force Updates

    5. [7]New Charters Review

    6. [8]Horizontal Review Issues Tracker

    7. [9]new on TR  <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html> http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

    8. [10]Other Business

    9. [11]Summary of action items

 

Meeting minutes

 

   <becky> [12] <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/

   2021Feb/0053.html

 

     [12]  <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Feb/0053.html> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Feb/0053.html

 

   <becky> [13] <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/

   public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html

 

     [13]  <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html

 

   <becky> [14] <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/

   issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requ

   ested%22

 

     [14]  <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:%22Horizontal+review+requested> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+review+requested"

 

   <becky> [15] <https://w3c.github.io/> https://w3c.github.io/

   horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

 

     [15]  <https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

 

  Agenda Review & Announcements; Time Changes;

 

   [16] <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/

   Media_features_use_cases_for_personalization

 

     [16]  <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_features_use_cases_for_personalization> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_features_use_cases_for_personalization

 

   Niklas Schildhauer is a graduate student of Computer Science

   and Media at Stuttgart Media University, Germany.

 

   His bachelor thesis builds upon the proposed media features by

   APA (see link above).

 

   Media feature candidates:

 

   prefers-color-scheme, prefers-reduced-motion, prefers-contrast,

   forced-colors, prefers-reduced-transparency,

   prefers-reduced-data

 

   More from the GPII project: audio-description-enabled

   captions-enabled sign-language & sign-language-enabled

   pictograms-enabled self-voicing-enabled display-skiplinks

   table-of-contents session-timeout extended-session-timeout

 

   More information: [17] <https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/> https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/

   ba-mq5

 

     [17]  <https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/ba-mq5> https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/ba-mq5

 

   David: Is this intended for user agents or site owners?

 

   Niklas: UA have to implement the media queries. Site authors

   can write appropriate code.

 

   David: Is this already available in user agents?

 

   Niklas: Yes, but only with polyfills and a workaround for

   environment variables.

 

   David: This is good for the work of the personalization tf.

 

   Example web page: [18] <https://gpii.eu/mq-5/example/registration> https://gpii.eu/mq-5/example/registration

 

     [18]  <https://gpii.eu/mq-5/example/registration> https://gpii.eu/mq-5/example/registration

 

   <joconnor> Nice presentation 🙂

 

   <Fredrik> awe+

 

   David: Are there negative side effects of the hack?

 

   Niklas: In the draft for environment variables, there is a note

   that this is an open issue. But no negative side effects.

 

   <Fredrik> Great presentation, Niklas! Very interesting.

 

   <JF> GitHub link: [19] <https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/> https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/

   ba-mq5

 

     [19]  <https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/ba-mq5> https://gitlab.mi.hdm-stuttgart.de/ns107/ba-mq5

 

   <Fazio_> ada aA+1 to JF

 

   <laura> Thank you, Niklas.

 

   <Fredrik> Guten Appetit Niklas!

 

   <laura> Thank you, APA.

 

  Special presentation Media Queries to enhance accessibility

 

  Open CFC -

 

   <becky> [20] <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/

   public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html

 

     [20]  <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Mar/0001.html

 

   Becky: The CfC closes tonight.

   … You need to subscribe to the wai-admin mailing list.

 

  Task Force Updates

 

   Jason: RTC accessibility user requirements and XR accessibility

   user requirements are heading towards publication.

   … Media synchronization related to audio/video and captions

   … Task force starting work on accessibility of speech based

   interfaces.

   … Will start with an early stage draft.

 

   Janina: CfC for RTC accessibility and XR accessibility will

   come in the next couple of weeks.

   … Pronunciation TF: Document needs to be revised to contain

   more contextual information.

   … Hopefully will take only a couple of weeks.

 

   Becky: Personalization tf will need a few more weeks for CfC.

 

   <Fazio_> we are in cfc

 

   Janina: Cognitive and learning disabilities tf will have their

   doc ready hopefully next week.

 

  New Charters Review

 

   Michael: Media wg charter

 

   <becky> [21] <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/

   issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requ

   ested%22

 

     [21]  <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:%22Horizontal+review+requested> https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+review+requested"

 

   <MichaelC> [22]Proposed Media WG charter

 

     [22]  <https://w3c.github.io/charter-media-wg/> https://w3c.github.io/charter-media-wg/

 

   Michael: Looks like a straight forward recharter. No major

   changes.

 

   Becky: Looked at PiP.

 

   Michael: We had only comments on EME (Encrypted Media

   Extensions).

   … It is an approach to digital rights management

 

   <Fredrik> Thanks - was also wondering.

 

   John: Very political discussion on EME

 

   <MichaelC> [23]PROPOSED Media and Entertainment Interest Group

   Charter

 

     [23]  <https://w3c.github.io/media-and-entertainment/charters/charter-2021.html> https://w3c.github.io/media-and-entertainment/charters/charter-2021.html

 

   We are comfortable with the proposed Media WG charter.

 

   We are comfortable with the proposed Media and Entertainment

   Interest Group Charter

 

  Horizontal Review Issues Tracker

 

   <becky> [24] <https://w3c.github.io/> https://w3c.github.io/

   horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

 

     [24]  <https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review> https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

 

   Michael: This allows us to track existing issues that are filed

   on specs.

   … Now added: When a spec is going to wide review, we can flag

   issues or close issues.

 

   Becky: This is similar to the process for i18n.

 

   <MichaelC> [25][css-fonts-5] advance-override details

 

     [25]  <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5983> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5983

 

   Michael: This is under active discussion. Do we want to follow?

 

   Ian: Need to read it first.

 

   <MichaelC> [26][mediaqueries-5] duplication of `forced-colors:

   active` and `prefers-contrast: forced`

 

     [26]  <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5433> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5433

 

   Michael: I think we wanted James Craig to sign off the issue.

 

   Becky: Keep it open for now.

 

  new on TR [27] <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html> http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

     [27]  <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html> http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

   <MichaelC> [28]Image Resource

 

     [28]  <https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/> https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/

 

   <MichaelC> [29]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Image_Resource

 

     [29] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Image_Resource

 

   Michael: We had a discussion on this about 1 year ago.

   … No actions since then i believe.

   … It is an API for an image. Like an abstract class for images.

 

   Becky: "Label" provides the accessible name.

 

   John: Specify alternative images based on size. But only one

   alternative text can be provided.

 

   Michael: It is probably meant for icon collections.

 

   Janina: Yes. And it should be made clear.

 

   Michael: Either file a comment or stop our tracking?

 

   John: Let me investigate this and discuss again next week.

 

   Action: JF to investigate [30] <https://www.w3.org/TR/> https://www.w3.org/TR/

   image-resource/ - do we have a comment to submit?

 

     [30]  <https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/> https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2284 - Investigate [31]https://

    <http://www.w3.org/tr/image-resource/> www.w3.org/tr/image-resource/ - do we have a comment to submit?

   [on John Foliot - due 2021-03-17].

 

     [31]  <https://www.w3.org/tr/image-resource/> https://www.w3.org/tr/image-resource/

 

   Becky: "Authors are strongly encouraged to add a label

   unless..."

 

  Other Business

 

   Becky: How to publish the recording of the presentation today?

 

   Janina: First we need to work on it, e.g. put a title frame on.

   I need to talk about this in the coordination group.

 

   <Fredrik> Thanks everyone! See you next week!

 

   rsagent, draft minutes

 

Summary of action items

 

    1. [32]JF to investigate  <https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/> https://www.w3.org/TR/image-resource/

       - do we have a comment to submit?

 

 

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by

    [33]scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).

 

     [33]  <https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html> https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html

 

Diagnostics

 

   Succeeded: s/comfortabel/comfortable

 

   Maybe present: David, Ian, Jason, Michael, Niklas

 
Received on Wednesday, 10 March 2021 18:02:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:08 UTC