[permissions-policy] Accessibility concerns

From: Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 17:20:35 -0400
Cc: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
To: public-webappsec@w3.org
The Accessible Platform Architetures (APA) working group has reviewed the latest working draft of the Permissions policy specification (https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-permissions-policy/) and we have some concerns.
We are concerned that users, to assure their full, barrier-free access to a site, may rely on some of the features (https://github.com/w3c/webappsec-permissions-policy/blob/main/features.md) controlled via these policies. For example, a user with vision limitations may rely upon access to an ambient-light-sensor to normalize brightness or contrast. Or a user may rely upon various media capture features necessary for proper functioning of assistive technology and/or their necessary adaptations.

Have you taken that this into consideration when drafting this specification?

(Normally I would file an issue in your github respository and label it with a11y-needs-resolution but your spec requested feedback via this mechanism.)

Becky Gibson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/beckygibsona11y/

Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa