Pronunciation TF Mtg with W3C's TAG Confirmed for Friday

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:15:33 -0400
To: "Hakkinen, Mark T" <mhakkinen@ets.org>, "Ali, Irfan" <iali@ets.org>, Paul Grenier <pgrenier@gmail.com>
Cc: public-pronunciation@w3.org, Peter Korn <pkorn@amazon.com>, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>, Kevin Marshal <k.marshall@texthelp.com>, Peter Ramsdell <peter@texthelp.com>, Glen Gordon <ggordon@vispero.com>, Neil Soiffer <neil.soiffer@gmail.com>, James Teh <jamie@jantrid.net>, W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Colleagues:

It was late in coming, but I can now confirm that our requested meeting
with the W3C Technical Advisory Group (TAG) is confirmed for this Friday
16 October at 1500Z (AKA 11:00 AM Boston).

You will recall we are asking the wider W3C whether (or not) there's
wider interest in an SSML based pronunciation approach with mainstream
applicability, or whether our Pronunciation specification should simply
solve our accessibility problems.

Data for this Zoom call are available here:

https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020#Meeting_with_TAG_for_discussion_of_Pronunciation_issues

And, if you've not yet seen it, please also note the short video
demonstrating what we're proposing linked in the above meeting page.

Please feel welcome to attend even if you haven't participated in the
APA Pronunciation Task Force recently. We're looking to broaden support
for the architectural approach we will use.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka