W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > March 2020

Minutes of APA call on 2020-03-11

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:00:35 +0100
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00fa01d5f7c6$957ed440$c07c7cc0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2020/03/11-apa-minutes.html
Text format: See below.

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Gottfried to review Media Queries Level 5,
https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/
[NEW] ACTION: Ian to review CSS Transforms Module Level 2,
https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-css-transforms-2-20200303/
[NEW] ACTION: Irfan to review CSS Speech Module,
https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/CR-css-speech-1-20200310/

Best regards,
Gottfried 
___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

11 Mar 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Matthew_Atkinson, Joanmarie_Diggs, gottfried, JF,
          christosptr, christos, becky, irfan, Joshue108_,
          MichaelC

   Regrets

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications
         3. [5]New Charters Review
            https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is
            %3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
         4. [6]New Review Tracking -- Michael
         5. [7]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Janina: Michael will present new tracking technology.

Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications

   <janina>
   [11]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2020M
   ar/0001.html

     [11]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2020Mar/0001.html

   Please repond to this CfA on RTC Accessibility User
   Requirements (RAUR)

   Janina: Pronunciation fwd is published.

New Charters Review
[12]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+lab
el%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

     [12]
https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Horizontal+
review+requested"

   <MichaelC>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/2020/03/proposed-distributed-tracing-wg.
   html

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/proposed-distributed-tracing-wg.html

   Distributed Tracing Working Group Charter 2020

   Janina: We don't care.

   <Matthew_Atkinson> +1 doesn't seem to be within our remit.

New Review Tracking -- Michael

   Michael: We started using it, but not working as hoped
   currently.

   <MichaelC>
   [14]https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a1
   1y-review

     [14]
https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

   This is a status page for comments.

   Michael: Can do the following things:
   ... See comments we have filed.
   ... WDs that should be brought to our attention.

   <MichaelC> [15]https://github.com/w3c/a11y-review/issues

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/a11y-review/issues

   Michael: Every issue assigned to us shows here.
   ... Label "pending" means we need to look at it.
   ... If we believe it is an issue, we remove the "pending"
   label. If not, we remove the issue from our page.

   Janina: Other wgs get a copy of the issues as well.

   Michael: If we make comments, the comments get copied to the
   other wgs handling the same issue.
   ... Any issue with "a11y" label is assigned to us.
   ... "a11y-tracker" means others bring us to our attention.
   ... "a11y-needs-resolution" is a label we will add when filing
   a comment.
   ... If another group has closed an issue, a "closed?" text is
   shown for us.

   John: We should not use color-coding alone (green vs. red
   buttons).

   Michael: Agree, but not the topic today.
   ... If we are okay with a disposition, we close the issue in
   our repo. If not, we should comment and/or reopen.
   ... If others close an issue, and we don't close, it will show
   up in the director's dashboard.
   ... I18n uses some other labels. Still under development.
   ... We still need to track our spec reviews via the Wiki. But
   there will be another tool coming for this.
   ... At some point, we need to look at our pending issues.

   Janina: That's a standing agenda item. Probably right after
   publication.

   <Joshue_108_> good stuff, sounds useful

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask about WG feedback vs. "Foliot"
   feedback

   John: Concerned about use of color alone. I can write an email
   to Philippe about this.
   ... We should be doing a horizontal review on this tool.

   Michael: I wrote a note to him.
   ... Would be good to provide solutions. Pull requests.

   John: URL for github repo?

   <MichaelC> [16]https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/

   Becky: You can filter by categories - that's a workaround.

   John: I will try this out and report back next week.

   <JF> ACTION JF to comment on tracker tool @
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2237 - Comment on tracker tool @
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/ [on John
   Foliot - due 2020-03-18].

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/horizontal-issue-tracker/

   <Matthew_Atkinson> I found this HOWTO linked from the web page
   that gives some of the info Michael mentioned about labels etc.
   [19]https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/HOWTO

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/HOWTO

   Matthew: Should be "a11y-needs-resolution" for comments that we
   filed and expect responses for.

   Janina: How do we judge when they say "we did what you wanted"?
   We will still need to open the documents.
   ... E.g. if they tweaked our language.

   Michael: They should say what they have done on the issue.

   Christos: If you click on the number on the right column of the
   issue, it takes you to our repo.

new on TR [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [21]CSS Transforms Module Level 2

     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-transforms-2/

   Michael: We sent comments for level 1. Do we want to send
   comments on level 2?

   Janina: Yes.
   ... Let's add it to Ian's list. We had a side conversation
   about this.

   <MichaelC> [22]CSS Conditional Rules Module Level 4

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-conditional-4/

   <scribe> ACTION: Ian to review CSS Transforms Module Level 2,
   [23]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-css-transforms-2-20200303/

     [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-css-transforms-2-20200303/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2238 - Review css transforms module
   level 2,
   [24]https://www.w3.org/tr/2020/wd-css-transforms-2-20200303/
   [on Ian Pouncey - due 2020-03-18].

     [24] https://www.w3.org/tr/2020/wd-css-transforms-2-20200303/

   Michael: Don't think there is anything to review at the moment.

   Janina: Let's come back to it later.

   <MichaelC> [25]CSS Color Module Level 5

     [25] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-5/

   Michael: There is an accessibility consideration statement.

   Janina: We should point them to the new work in Silver.
   ... Can we recruit somebody who is familiar with the contrast
   work in Silver.
   ... Maybe one of the Charles'?

   Michael: Seems outside of the scope of this module.
   ... Need to have a closer look.

   <MichaelC> [26]Media Queries Level 5

     [26] https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/

   Michael: Includes user preference media features.
   ... Review?

   Gottfried: I can have a look at it.

   <scribe> ACTION: Gottfried to review Media Queries Level 5,
   [27]https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/

     [27] https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2239 - Review media queries level 5,
   [28]https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-5/ [on Gottfried
   Zimmermann - due 2020-03-18].

     [28] https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-5/

   Janina: We missed CSS-Speech.

   Michael: I skipped that because it is CR.

   <MichaelC> [29]CSS Speech Module

     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-speech-1/

   Michael: This went from a note straight to CR.

   Janina: We should have had a look at it. Need to complain.
   ... It appears that we did a gap analysis on an old version of
   the spec.

   Michael: One of W3C should have stopped the advancement.
   ... Meanwhile we need to review it. We have a month.

   Janina: Somebody from the pronunciation tf?
   ... Did they solve any problems? Introduce new issues?
   ... At the TPAC in Lyon, the CSS wg told us they will do a gap
   analysis.

   Michael: The editor is from DAISY.

   Janina: I will bring this up with Judy.
   ... Pronunciation just published a gap analysis this week. That
   is upsetting me.

   <scribe> ACTION: Irfan to review CSS Speech Module,
   [30]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/CR-css-speech-1-20200310/

     [30] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/CR-css-speech-1-20200310/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2240 - Review css speech module,
   [31]https://www.w3.org/tr/2020/cr-css-speech-1-20200310/ [on
   Irfan Ali - due 2020-03-18].

     [31] https://www.w3.org/tr/2020/cr-css-speech-1-20200310/

   Janina: We should coordinate better.

   Michael: New CR is based on CR from 2012. Not sure we filed
   comments back then.

   Janina: I can help with this, Irfan.

   Michael: There is a comment from Gregory. Why didn't they run
   it through us?
   ... CSS wg has a large number of specs, and a small number of
   editors.
   ... The editor didn't know the process, but W3C should have
   caught this.
   ... We should take over Gregory's comments.

   Janina: They should be aware of the pronunciation work of
   Irfan.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   (nothing completed)

   John: File my comments as a group or personal?

   Michael: File them as a person.

   John: I will bring them back next week.

   Janina: Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Gottfried to review Media Queries Level 5,
   https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-5/
   [NEW] ACTION: Ian to review CSS Transforms Module Level 2,
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-css-transforms-2-20200303/
   [NEW] ACTION: Irfan to review CSS Speech Module,
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/CR-css-speech-1-20200310/

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/03/11 16:59:00 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [35]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/specs/spec reviews/
Succeeded: s/a11y-resolution/a11y-needs-resolution/
Default Present: Matthew_Atkinson, Joanmarie_Diggs, gottfried, JF, chris
tosptr, christos, becky, irfan, Joshue108_, MichaelC
Present: Matthew_Atkinson Joanmarie_Diggs gottfried JF christosptr chris
tos becky irfan Joshue108_ MichaelC
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: gottfried

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Mar 2020
People with action items: gottfried ian irfan

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 11 March 2020 17:00:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 11 March 2020 17:00:52 UTC