W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes from 15 July

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 13:04:58 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20200715170458.GL1894@rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA teleconference of 15 July are provided below in text.
They're available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2020/07/15-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                                            - DRAFT -

                                                                                 Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Jul 2020

Attendees

   Present
          janina, irfan, Joshue108_, becky, Joshue, Matthew_Atkinson, NeilS, MichaelC, Joshue108

   Regrets
          John_Foliot, Gottfried_Zimmerman

   Chair
          becky

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. APA Rechartering Begins
         3. Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning
         4. Task Force Updates
         5. Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/
         6. FAST Progress -- Josh
         7. New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
         8. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         9. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open
        10. Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review
        11. Other Business
        12. Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <becky> regrets, John Foliot, Gottfried Zimmerman

   <becky> regrets?

   <becky> rrsagend, make minutes

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Agenda Review & Announcements

   bg: Notes Knowbility Workshop upcoming

   <becky> https://knowbility.org/services/online-training/w3c-wai-interactive-update/

APA Rechartering Begins

   bg: A reminder that it's on our agenda
   ... What do we want to accomplish Aug 2021-2024

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

   bg: We need to identify who to meet with and with what agenda?
   ... Dates for cross group are October 12-16
   ... Plennary are Oct 26-30

Task Force Updates

   ia: Planning a special call with invitees to decide between two technical approaches
   ... Janina coordinating invitations
   ... Want a prompt resolution ...

   bg: At the regular time?

   ia: Yes.
   ... Notes our timeline is posponed because of this last mjinuet consensus challenge

   <Joshue108> JS: Is Jonie here a la Pronunciation?

   <Joshue108> JS: I can do a quick RQTF update.

   <Joshue108> Research questions..

   <Joshue108> We are working on some workshops Machine learning and Maps on the Web

   <Joshue108> We have Nicolo with engineering chops in XR

   <Joshue108> He is helping with the map related specs.

   <Joshue108> Check the RQTF minutes

   <Joshue108> We are working on Web Of Things statement also

   <Joshue108> Then we will be back on comments on XAUR and RAUR - XR A11y and RTC

   <Joshue108> JOC: Sounds good.

   bg: Notes Personalization is getting cvlose to CR publication request for Module 1
   ... Explainer is also being tightened up

Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/

   bg: Discussed in RQTF report -- please check RQTF minutes

FAST Progress -- Josh

   <Joshue108> JOC: No update from me

   jo: No update

   mc: Also no update

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

   mc: No new charters

   <Joshue108> JS: There is a new charter for WebRTC

   <Joshue108> It aims to break out charters into multiple specs.

   <Joshue108> Its a way of chunking

   <Joshue108> What did they miss?

   <Joshue108> Jason, Josh and I just met and identified things they may have missed

   <Joshue108> and maybe some new use cases.

   <Joshue108> We are sending items to Judy today.

   <Joshue108> IRC type chat for blind users - only active on Enter

   <Joshue108> Also support for RTT, status update

   <Joshue108> Then support for multiple displays a la second screen PIP for SL interpreters

   <Joshue108> BG: PIP have a spec

   <Joshue108> JS: Yeah, they can reference that.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   mc: nothing new -- new wd only
   ... nothing new -- new wd only

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

   mc: ping'd on most that need ping ...

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

   mc: need to check on spec reviews that have been assigned, but not finished
   ... CSS assigned to CSS-TF, but that doesn't seem active
   ... believe most CSS are still valid ...
   ... Some we probably don't need to comment, but we want CSS expertise to make that decision

   <Joshue108> JS: Can you look at open issues and see what is active etc?

   <Joshue108> Or what they need?

   <Matthew_Atkinson> Hi MichaelC, I found a URL for our comment on the HTML 2020-01 review (for the Wiki page): https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/8#issuecomment-628542511

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:CSS

   <Joshue108> JS: Comms to APA? Can do better.

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/projects/4

   [discussion with Amy who's looking at an a11y list on github\]

   <MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

   <MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/

   <Joshue108> JS: We need a few more with A11y and CSS chops

   <Joshue108> Shouldnt just be Amy

   <Joshue108> JS: Glad to see media queries 5 is still happening

   <Joshue108> I got a challenges related comment.

   <Joshue108> JS: ARIA is one of the sponsoring groups

   <Joshue108> We've talked about AAM, API mappings

   <Joshue108> JS: Maybe Patrick L could be recruited?

   <Joshue108> JS: Colour adjustment is what we requested in Lisbon.

   <Joshue108> <gives history>

   <Joshue108> <discusses config preferences on load>

   <Joshue108> <Discussion around Github and not looking at things>

   <Joshue108> MC: Who is going to become a TF facilitator?

   <Joshue108> JS: Is ARIA 2.x out yet?

   <Joshue108> MC: Nope

   [discussion on open items, Amy will look at bring back a few]

   [discussion on non CSS -- we went through several ... any missed?]

   bg: Ping assignees and get some status

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

   mc: DID self-review showed up this week, even though filed sometime ago

   js: Confirms we're done

   mc: nothing else new -- none new brought to our attention, or change of state

   bg: has some feedback on mine, asking for examples
   ... asks people to check their assigned for responses -- we need to stay active on the dashboard

Other Business

   bg: list now fairly up to datezakim, take up item 11

Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   bg: let's review see any we can close on ...
   ... Bridging SQL & RDF ... 44 participants ...

   <becky> https://www.w3.org/community/graphql-rdf/

   s/sql/graph ql/

   <Joshue108> GraphQL

   [agreed too low for us]

   jo: just a comment graph ql more commonly used to represent info via json and other db

   mc: unless direct a11y implications ...

   jo: just explaining graph ql

   bg: msx cg

   <becky> https://www.w3.org/community/mfxmedia/

   bg: to help content creator -- new media file
   ... a container
   ... looking at low activity ... anything to pull out ...

   ma: believe we should check any container activity in future

   <becky> https://www.w3.org/community/cssprint/

   <becky> https://www.w3.org/community/css4/

   mc: every css numbering is a specified collection of modules deemed sufficiently mature

   bg: fairly new, there to promote 4.1

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina irfan Joshue108_ becky Joshue Matthew_Atkinson NeilS MichaelC Joshue108
Regrets: John_Foliot Gottfried_Zimmerman
Found Scribe: janina
Found Date: 15 Jul 2020


-- 

Janina Sajka
https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 15 July 2020 17:05:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:07 UTC