W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes of July 8 Meeting

From: Becky Gibson <becky@knowbility.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 13:59:48 -0400
Message-Id: <1D6C23CA-1F47-462E-8986-327853A1C8C4@knowbility.org>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
The minutes of the July 8, 2020 APA working group meeting can be found at:  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html>

Text version is below.

Thanks to Irfan for most of the scribing today.

Becky Gibson | Sr. Accessibility Strategist
Knowbility.org
becky@knowbility.org
Pronouns: she/her/hers


 <http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -

Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

08 Jul 2020

Attendees <>
Present
janina, irfan, Joshue108_, becky
Regrets
Matthew, Gottfried, Nicolo
Chair
janina
Scribe
Irfan, becka11y
Contents

Topics <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
Agenda Review & Announcements <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item01>
APA Rechartering Begins <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item02>
Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item03>
Task Force Updates <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item04>
Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/ <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item05>
FAST Progress -- Josh <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item06>
New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22 <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item07>
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item08>
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item09>
Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item10>
Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#item11>
Summary of Action Items <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
Summary of Resolutions <https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>
<irfan> scribe: Irfan
Agenda Review & Announcements

janina- any news, anyone?
APA Rechartering Begins

janina: MC, anything to say?
mc: nothing yet.
Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

janina: some news... it is going to two weeks, 12-16 and then 26 to30th october
cross group meetings are scheduled in first meeting. not sure if 2nd week is all breakout session or mixin
mc: I think, join meeting should be the week of oct 12. then off week could be used by groups and week later is breakout week.
janina: sometimes we have more than 5 meetings.
mc: we should push for lots of them. we need lots of coordination
Becky: for those who never been to TPAC, there is a join meeting where we talk about specifics, in break-out sessions, it is more coordination among various groups
mc: you could explore various topics in breakout sessions.
janina: late in the day, there is general sessions where people report back about the various sessions
Task Force Updates

janina: we are working to draft email to send to stakeholders. feedback required.
we will send the email about pronunciation.
talk about AccessU workshop.
Irfan will send a list of stakeholders to Janina and she will send email to them
Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/ <https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/>
janina: spent time talking about it at QTF. Joash has put together a planning
s\Joash\Josh
our new APA member Nicolo has some background
we are doing our due diligence incase someone have any question.
FAST Progress -- Josh

josh: working on a new feature for last couple of days.
still working on it and see how we progress.
mc: i have a todo item to provide source data to Josh.
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Functional_Needs_Subgroup <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Functional_Needs_Subgroup>
janina: I will add silver point in my agenda where we can talk about in our coordination meeting.
becky: do we have an issue in our github
janina: dont think our dashboard was existed then
<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues/105 <https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues/105>
becky: when review the specs in future, we need to remind people please give us your response to questionnaire as a base line
janina: we really need cross checking. we are most of the way there.
we expected the kind of road blocks like Josh is having
New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22 <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22>
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>
<MichaelC> Extensions to the OWL-Time Ontology - entity relations <https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-rel/>
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-agg/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-agg/>
<MichaelC> Extensions to the OWL-Time Ontology - temporal aggregates
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-agg/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-owl-time-agg/>
<MichaelC> Extensions to the OWL-Time Ontology - temporal aggregates
<becky> scribe: becka11y
<becky> mark as no review needed
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open>
<becky> Janina: enough people to take up the clean up of action items?
<becky> Michael: good to get started
<MichaelC> close action-2196
<trackbot> Closed action-2196.
<MichaelC> action-2196?
<trackbot> action-2196 -- Jason White to Review web authentication: an api for accessing public key credentials level 2 -- due 2019-06-12 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2196 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2196>
<becky> 2195?
<becky> action-2196?
<trackbot> action-2196 -- Jason White to Review web authentication: an api for accessing public key credentials level 2 -- due 2019-06-12 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2196 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2196>
<MichaelC> close action-2195
<trackbot> Closed action-2195.
<becky> MC: OBE
<becky> action-2194?
<trackbot> action-2194 -- Janina Sajka to Run the jf and janina show on review of media timed events https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/> -- due 2019-05-29 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2194 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2194>
<MichaelC> action-2194 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2194 Run the jf and janina show on review of media timed events https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/> due date to 2020-07-15.
<becky> Janina: guessing overcome by events (OBE); extend the due date for me to review
<becky> action-2193
<trackbot> action-2193 -- Janina Sajka to Add css list module lvl 3 to list of discussion topics for tpac -- due 2019-05-08 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2193 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2193>
<MichaelC> close action-2193
<trackbot> Closed action-2193.
<becky> Done
<becky> action-2191
<trackbot> action-2191 -- Michael Cooper to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/feature-policy-1/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/feature-policy-1/> feature policy -- due 2019-05-08 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2191 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2191>
<MichaelC> action-2191 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2191 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/feature-policy-1/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/feature-policy-1/> feature policy due date to 2020-07-15.
<becky> MC: still in FPWD; still need to do- advance the due date
<becky> action-2189
<trackbot> action-2189 -- Janina Sajka to Bring back mitigating browser fingerprinting in web specifications for group discussion -- due 2019-04-17 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2189 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2189>
<becky> MC: finger printing guidance document
<becky> MC: April 2019- discussed at meeting; don't believe we should close this, yet
<MichaelC> action-2189: due 1 week
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2189 Bring back mitigating browser fingerprinting in web specifications for group discussion.
<becky> Janina: believe what is happening in decentralized identifiers will cover concerns with fingerprinting
<becky> Janina: we did ask about fingerprinting of CAPTCHA at TPAC last year
<becky> action-2186?
<trackbot> action-2186 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of ui events -- due 2019-11-09 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2186 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2186>
<MichaelC> action-2186 due 1 weeek
<trackbot> Set action-2186 Ping review of ui events due date to 2019-11-09.
<becky> MC: need to review the previously submitted comments and see if still relevant
<becky> action-2181?
<trackbot> action-2181 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/> navigation timing level 2 -- due 2018-10-31 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181>
<becky> MC: WD has been updated - we saw potential for accessibility fingerprinting
<becky> Janina: can we let privacy group handle that issue
<MichaelC> close action-2181
<trackbot> Closed action-2181.
<becky> action-2169
<trackbot> action-2169 -- Janina Sajka to Ask web assembly wg about web assembly core, what are use cases, does it impact ui and need a11y advice about using a11y api -- due 2018-02-28 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169>
<becky> Janina: they have moved to rec - close
<MichaelC> close action-2169
<trackbot> Closed action-2169.
<becky> Janina: have not heard of any a11y problems
<becky> action-2165
<trackbot> action-2165 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of web annotation extensions for web publications -- due 2019-03-01 -- OPEN
<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2165 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2165>
<becky> Janina: believe that is actively moving forward in DPUB?
<becky> MC: still in FPWD is in publications but being changed to epub WG
<becky> MC: publishing WG is ending and moving into epub; my guess is that we can stop our review
<becky> Janina: might have been some WICG activity on this - will try to look up
<becky> MC: found an annotations issue that is more than 1 year old; last comment 1 month ago
<becky> Janina: I remember it as being namespacing in github? Want to make sure ARIA is aware
Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review <https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review>
<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/860 <https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/860>
<becky> MC: app manifest - Leonie filed comment requesting a11y section; there was a pull request - not sure it does the job, but issue was closed
<becky> MC: can't tell if pull request actually closes the issue - word accessibility isn't even included; need more info - let's ask Leonie to review
<MichaelC> https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5678 <https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5678>
<becky> MC: new HTML issue, move the focus back to the previously focused element for dialog.close
<becky> Janina: believe we want to absolutely track
<becky> Becky: does this relate to returning focus to the element that opened the dialog?
<becky> Becky will subscribe to the issuse
Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups>
<becky> Janina: there are two community groups having to do with mapping and accessibility
<becky> Janina: will try to find these - some discussion in the RQTF meeting today (see minutes)
Summary of Action Items <>
Summary of Resolutions <>[End of minutes]
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2020/07/08 17:01:53 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/last couple of weeks/last couple of days/
Succeeded: s/Lainey/Leonie/
Present: janina irfan Joshue108_ becky
Regrets: Matthew Gottfried Nicolo
Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: irfan
Found Scribe: becka11y
Scribes: Irfan, becka11y
Found Date: 08 Jul 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]


Received on Wednesday, 8 July 2020 18:00:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 8 July 2020 18:00:08 UTC