W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > February 2020

Re: Agenda: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 12 February at 1700Z

From: Matthew Tylee Atkinson <matkinson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 17:58:45 +0000
Cc: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <9E7EE3D5-975D-47B7-B96E-35758A09FCE6@paciellogroup.com>
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hi all,

You can find the minutes online at https://www.w3.org/2020/02/12-apa-minutes.html and repeated below for convenience.

best regards,


Matthew

  Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


    12 Feb 2020


    Attendees

Present
    janina, Matthew_Atkinson, becka11y, JF, MichaelC, irfan
Regrets
    gottfried
Chair
    janina
Scribe
    Matthew_Atkinson


    Contents

  * Topics <#agenda>
     1. Agenda Review & Announcements <#item01>
     2. Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications <#item02>
     3. New Charters Review
        https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
        <#item03>
     4. Community Groups Tracking Review
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups <#item04>
     5. New Charters Review
        https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
        <#item05>
     6. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item06>
  * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
  * Summary of Resolutions <#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<scribe> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson


      Agenda Review & Announcements


      Task Force Updates -- Upcoming Publications

Janina: Upcoming work based on that being done in COGA about
distinguishing descriptions of videos for people who're blind from
descriptions for people with cognitive access needs.
... may need to suggest enhancements to HTML to support this.

JF: *Asks about the process to use for making requests of HTML*

Janina: Pronounciation and Personalization have upcoming work that may
result in enhancement requests for HTML.
... Personalization TF is in final stages of prep for CR.
... Pronounciation should be able to publish before CSUN.
... *Suggests going to WICG with the Pronounciation explainer and seek
input on the spec*
... RQTF XAUR FPWD is imminent. WebRTC is progressing well.


      New Charters Review
      https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
      <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22>


      Community Groups Tracking Review
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups>

JF: Summary of foray into "Bullet Chatting": this is something that can
be done on places like Facebook. When things like likes are overlaid on
top of the scren. This is an overlay that renders text/images on top of
a video. The idea is to provide real-time comments whilst the video is
playing.
... Questions include: where should the focus go when this extra content
is appearing above the video, but the user may be wanting to interact
with the video controls and other descriptive channels.
... Bullet chatting is popular in Asia-Pacific countries.
... There are a lot of accessibility concerns that need addressing as
part of standardization.

Janina: *seeks feedback on 2020 APA priorities*


      New Charters Review
      https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
      <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22>

Michael: upcoming workshop on bundling interactive media content on the
web [review upcoming].
... Maps for the web - should we review?


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>

<MichaelC> CSS Scroll Anchoring Module Level 1
<https://www.w3.org/TR/css-scroll-anchoring-1/>

Michael: This seems accessibility-positive - no need to review.

<MichaelC> Resize Observer <https://www.w3.org/TR/resize-observer-1/>

(general agreement from group wrt scroll anchoring)

Janina & Michael: this also seems accessibility-positive (maybe could be
misused, but generally positive).

Michael: If we come up with potential pitfalls, we could pursue an
accessibility impact statement, but perhaps this is best done later if
needed.

Janina: let's come back to this in e.g. six months.

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* cooper to ping review of Resize Observer - due 6 months

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2236 - Ping review of resize observer [on
Michael Cooper - due 2020-08-12].

Janina: could be related to AGWG work?

<MichaelC> action-2236: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Resize_Observer
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Resize_Observer>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2236 Ping review of resize observer.

<MichaelC> http://w3c.github.io/apa/xaur/ <http://w3c.github.io/apa/xaur/>

Matthew: Got a helpful email back from a member of the Immersive Web WG,
Klaus, who confirmed our view that the Gamepads Module is not
accessibility-relevant. I will reply to ACK this confirmation and the
great ideas Klaus presented about accessible XR input in future. Will
send URI of XAUR Editors' Draft.

Klaus' email:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Feb/0008.html
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2020Feb/0008.html>

Josh: *will follow up on the thread tomorrow*

<janina> I dropped, but we're done. Bon voyage, Michael! We're adjourned.

<janina> I think we're done?

<janina> Thanks, John!

<janina> Thanks!

<janina> Thanks, Matthew, for scribing!

I'm OK to wrap up if we're done, yep.

<janina> Yes, we're done!


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* cooper to ping review of Resize Observer - due 6 months
 


    Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's
scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.154 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2020/02/12 17:55:48 $

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Wednesday, 12 February 2020 17:59:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:06 UTC