W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2019

APA Minutes of 2019-05-22

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 18:48:02 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <014801d510be$1f5a4d20$5e0ee760$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2019/05/22-apa-minutes.html
Text format: See below my signature.

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: janina to run the JF and Janina show on review of Media Timed
Events https://www.w3.org/TR/media-timed-events/

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

22 May 2019

Attendees

   Present
          janina, irfan_, Gottfried, Joshue108_, IanPouncey,
          MichaelC

   Regrets
          Chris, Becky, Matthew, John, Jonny, Joanmarie

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Joshue108, Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]CAPTCHA CfC Update
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2
            019May/0000.html
         3. [5]TPAC 2019
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019
         4. [6]Task Force Updates
         5. [7]CSS Spec Review check-in
         6. [8]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [9]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <Joshue108_> scribe: Joshue108

Agenda Review & Announcements

   <Joshue108_> JS: We have a standard agenda today.

   <Joshue108_> Our TFs are busy, we have CAPTCHA CFC etc

   <Joshue108_> Any additions or news?

CAPTCHA CfC Update
[12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2019May/0000
.html

     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2019May/0000.html

   <Joshue108_> JS: Most people have voted etc

   <Joshue108_> We have a call, hope to publish next week.

   <Joshue108_> Mostly positive feedback except COGA.

   <Joshue108_> But they discussed the editors draft, not the CFC.

   <Joshue108_> We are addressing some of their concerns, dont
   want it to hold things up.

   <Joshue108_> Any comments?

   <Joshue108_> MIchael, have we a problem with the COGA stuff
   coming in?

   <Joshue108_> I'm happy for any substantive stuff they can add.

   <Joshue108_> Is there any issue with that approach?

   <Joshue108_> MC: Well thats the point of wide review.

   <Joshue108_> We will have to make a judgement call.

   <Joshue108_> Comments?

   <Joshue108_> No one has voted against us, we have positive
   feedback from other W3C groups.

   <Joshue108_> A wow from David Singer, and Judy is talking of
   translations, positive.

TPAC 2019 [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

   <Joshue108_> JS: Registration is open.

   <Joshue108_> If you want to payup by June 21st etc thats good,
   price change after that, then doubling up in Sept

   <Joshue108_> We are collecting topics for meeting with other
   groups etc.

   <Joshue108_> Also for APA topics and Ian Irfan you are key to
   other TFs..

   <Joshue108_> Please collect topics for cross group discussion.

   <Joshue108_> CSS etc..

   <Joshue108_> Will help with planning and co-ordination.

   <Joshue108_> See topics section etc

   <Joshue108_> Questions?

   <Joshue108_> Ian will you be there?

   <Joshue108_> IP: Won't be sadly.

Task Force Updates

   <Joshue108_> JS: We just talked about CAPTCHA in RQTF.

   <Joshue108_> They are working on edits, will be working with
   Jason today and moving somethings.

   <Joshue108_> Irfan, things are moving well in pronunciation.

   <Joshue108_> You are updating wiki page etc to get things in by
   the 16th.

   <Joshue108_> Scribe support, GH training etc. When Roy dropped
   there was an issue.

   <Joshue108_> MC: Host can leave without ending meeting but
   needs to choose.

   <Joshue108_> WebEx can play host lottery.

   <Joshue108_> JS: In Procunciation TF WebEx can drop, and we are
   left in IRC.

   <Joshue108_> MC: If Roy scheduled then he'll need to look at
   this.

   <Joshue108_> Will talk to him..

CSS Spec Review check-in

   <Joshue108_> JS: Other TF stuff?

   <Joshue108_> Ian, CSS.. We have some things in spec review.

   <Joshue108_> Talk now?

   <Joshue108_> IP: Yup.

   <Joshue108_> JS: We have some specific..

   <Joshue108_> MC: FPWD, dont have others logged..

   <Joshue108_> MC: We have 67 CSS specs that we track.

   <Joshue108_> Spacial Navigation..

   <Joshue108_> IP: I picked up Spatial Nav to review, have had
   some involvement.

   <Joshue108_> IP: It would be good to have chat on the level of
   a11y we expect of it.

   <Joshue108_> IP: There are diff ways of looking at it, and
   concerns about relying on it.

   <Joshue108_> IP: Its very visual, but you could do prog
   association of things, and that would help announce what is
   focussed on etc.

   <Joshue108_> JS: As opposed to down in common use cases.

   <Joshue108_> IP: You wouldn't want an element that has SP
   available to announce e'thing..

   <Joshue108_> IP: But should that be poss?

   <Joshue108_> IP: Not clear what should be focussed.

   <Joshue108_> Easy on grids. But there are examples, where there
   is a TV listings grid and if you go from one thing to another
   you may not get to a logical next item.

   <Joshue108_> IP: There are questions around what we expect to
   have good a11y. What info is exposed.

   <Joshue108_> Would like to schedule to discuss.

   <Joshue108_> JS: We can define right left, clear up down but no
   diagonal.

   <Joshue108_> Who needs to be a part of this conversation?

   <Joshue108_> We will need to schedule.

   <Joshue108_> IP: Yes, my concern is SR users.

   <Joshue108_> JS: Should we talk as a three way TF, ARIA, CSS
   etc?

   <Joshue108_> IP: ARIA sounds good.

   <Joshue108_> JS: They are almost exclusively SR focussed.

   <Joshue108_> JS: I agree can you send note to Joannie and
   James.

   <Joshue108_> Note the maturity of the spec, get feedback in at
   useful level.

   <Joshue108_> We can have a meaningful conversation there,
   reminded of Sapporo.

   <Joshue108_> Those involve will be on that call.

   <Joshue108_> IP: Has already been discussed with @@

   <Joshue108_> JS: A pointer to that would be good.

   <Joshue108_> JS: If you find any thats great.

   <Joshue108_> IP: It would be a result even if we find nothing
   is required.

   <Joshue108_> JS: Dont think that will be the case, there will
   be a few things.

   <Joshue108_> IP: Can give high level..

   <Joshue108_> JS: If we can define defaults that would be great

   <Joshue108_> IP: Cautious about implementation..

   <Joshue108_> JS: Anything else?

   <Joshue108_> IP: renewed interest in AAM..

   <Joshue108_> Challenge to get browser vendors involved as
   usual.

   <Joshue108_> JS: Anything else?

   <MichaelC> [14]https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/projects/4

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/projects/4

   <Joshue108_> MC: thats the only issue in Repo, there are 14
   specs that need review.

   <Joshue108_> JS: We need a stratagy to get people involved.

   <Gottfried> scribe: Gottfried

new on TR [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   CSS color adjust module level 1

   <MichaelC> [16]CSS Color Adjust Module Level 1

     [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-adjust-1/

   Ian: I can look at it.

   Janina: Should be of interest of low-vision people, e.g. Texas
   School for the Blind, Jim Allan

   Ian: Let me have a first look and see what it covers.
   ... Then we can involve more people.

   Michael: I put it in the CSS Wiki

   Ian: Assign an action to me for an initial review

   Janina: Then go to WAI-IG and others.

   <MichaelC> [17]Media Timed Events

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/media-timed-events/

   Michael: It is a use cases and reqs document
   ... Timed events related to audio and video on the web
   ... This is an Interest Group Note
   ... I marked it as there is room for input

   Janina: There should be no note before going through a public
   review first
   ... We want to read this

   Michael: Assign an action to somebody?

   Janina: John and Janina

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to run the JF and Janina show on
   review of Media Timed Events
   [18]https://www.w3.org/TR/media-timed-events/

     [18] https://www.w3.org/TR/media-timed-events/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2194 - Run the jf and janina show on
   review of media timed events
   [19]https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/ [on Janina Sajka
   - due 2019-05-29].

     [19] https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/

   <MichaelC> action-2194:
   [20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Timed_Events

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Timed_Events

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2194 Run the jf and janina
   show on review of media timed events
   [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/.

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/media-timed-events/.

   Michael: Next is Trace Context

   Janina: We talked about it last time. It is on the agenda of CG
   on the 3rd

   <MichaelC> [22]Web of Things (WoT) Architecture

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture/

   Michael: We took an action to review this in 2017, Janina and
   Leonie. Did not do this. Went to CR.

   <MichaelC> [23]Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description

     [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-thing-description/

   Michael: We received an explicit review request a year ago. We
   did not deliver. Now in CR.
   ... Put in on my "let's sort out review" list?

   Janina: Yes

   <MichaelC> [24]WebXR Device API

     [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/webxr/

   Michael: Device API has an updated working draft published. In
   a team-side discussion we were accused of holding them up, but
   it was a misunderstanding - they were not waiting on us.
   ... We do need to provide timely comments to them.

   Janina: It's me and Josh and RQTF.
   ... Maybe Jason can look at this by next Wed?
   ... Put it on the list. And have Josh join our conversation on
   this.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[25]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [25] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   Janina: Adjourned. I will not be on the call next week, but i
   assume we will have the call. Otherwise i will tell you.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to run the JF and Janina show on review of
   Media Timed Events https://www.w3.org/TR/media-timed-events/

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/05/22 16:46:30 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [28]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: i/JS: Other TF stuff?/topic: CSS Spec Review check-in
Default Present: janina, irfan_, Gottfried, Joshue108_, IanPouncey, Mich
aelC
Present: janina irfan_ Gottfried Joshue108_ IanPouncey MichaelC
Regrets: Chris Becky Matthew John Jonny Joanmarie
Found Scribe: Joshue108
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Scribes: Joshue108, Gottfried
Found Date: 22 May 2019
People with action items: janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [29]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 22 May 2019 16:48:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:33 UTC