W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2019

APA draft minutes 2019-05-15

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 18:46:25 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <12fd01d50b3d$bcc7f7f0$3657e7d0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2019/05/15-apa-minutes.html
Text format: See below my signature.

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 May 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, IrfanA, Gottfried,
          Matthew_Atkinson, Joshue108_

   Regrets
          Leonie, Becky, Chris, John_Foliot

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]TPAC 2019
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019
         3. [5]Task Force Updates
         4. [6]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         5. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [8]WebRTC Use Cases -- Josh
         7. [9]Web of Things Use Cases
         8. [10]Other Business
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Matthew: Good news about games workshop.
   ... Our submission was accepted.

   <Joshue108_> congrats!

   Matthew: I have book my travel.
   ... Doing research into games and game accessibility. Will try
   to produce a web version of a game.
   ... Need to understand what developers need to go through.
   ... Thank you to everyone providing constructive feedback on
   our paper.

   Janina: You deserve. Glad about it.

   c/deserve/deserve it it

   Matthew: Workshop is on June 27-28.

TPAC 2019 [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

   <janina> [14]https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2019

     [14] https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2019

   Janina: Registration is open.
   ... The early bird rate goes thru June 21 only.
   ... Almost double price later.

   Gottfried: Do we need to register for remote participation?

   Michael: No, not needed.

   Joshue: Any broad ideas on our agenda for TPAC?

   Janina: I am asking to add suggestions to our APA-TPAC wiki
   page.
   ... Would like to have a meeting with CSS
   ... Want to have an agenda by mid-July.

   Gottfried: Where to add agenda suggestions?
   ... On [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019?

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019?

   Janina: Michael, can we make a section for agenda suggestions?

   Michael: Yes, i will make another heading.

Task Force Updates

   Janina: We thought we were finished with CAPTCHA. Put out late
   review yesterday.
   ... Got promise from i18n to look at it.
   ... Assuming that there are no greater security and privacy
   issues.
   ... Should add a section about identification via phone call.
   ... and text-based validation.
   ... Will add a section on this.
   ... Recaptcha version 2 may get turned off by Google. Then,
   many implementation will have to change to something else.
   ... I will try to find out with Google.
   ... After that i will organize a call for consensus, at a time
   available for all continents.
   ... Michael should be able to publish it by end of the month.

   Irfan: We are working on several documents, but nothing new to
   report today.

   Janina: Good to see the progress.

new on TR [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [17]Trace Context

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/trace-context/

   Michael: We reviewed it in Nov: Concern about leaking data.
   ... Now in CR. Should we drop this?

   Janina: We never got a response.

   Joanie: We need to search the APA list about this.

   Michael: I don't see anything on the aria-chairs list on this.
   ... They do not have a message on their archive from us.
   ... I probaby forgot to forward it to them.

   Janina: We need to see if this is a comment that we can send to
   them during CR.
   ... I think it was about fingerprinting.
   ... We need to improve our tracking of our comments.
   ... Looking at Github, using what i18n created.
   ... Michael, we need to talk about this.

   Michael: As far as i can tell, we did not request them to
   change their spec.
   ... We wanted an assurance that this technology will be safe
   for the user's privacy.

   Janina: They may not like this coming in late.

   Michael: Let's take this up on our next coordination call.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   Janina: We should be clear here.

WebRTC Use Cases -- Josh

   Janina: There are some legal requirements. This is important -
   future of telephonic communications.
   ... Some regulatory bodies require a text chat.

   <Joshue108_>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebRTC_next_version_use_cas
   es

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebRTC_next_version_use_cases

   Joshue: Have input from various people - put together a use
   case doc.
   ... We need to be brief in what we bring to the WebRTC wg.
   ... Happy for any feedback from you.

   Janina: Survey?

   Joshue: Maybe questions on the individual use cases.

   Janina: I don't know if we have different understandings of the
   use cases.
   ... I prefer that your comments go as APA comments. So we do a
   Cfc email.

   Joshue: So i will start a discussion on the mailing list. Then
   start cfc next week?

   Janina: The shortest period for a cfc is 48 hours.
   ... Usually we go for 5 business days, e.g. a full calendar
   week.
   ... We may get solid comments.

   Josue: I am happy to do so.

   Janina: Request for APA members to read this. And discuss on
   the mailing list.

Web of Things Use Cases

   Janina: Getting close to a candidate release on a specific doc
   about the Web of Things spec.
   ... Initially, they did not want to address the issue of
   accessibility in user interfaces. Just referred to WCAG.

   Joshue: Need to coordinate with Michael. Want to go to the
   workshop in Munich.

   Janina: Also involve Shadi please.
   ... I would like to do a short version for the group.
   ... about a moving thing, e.g. a hearing aid in a campus
   environment.
   ... There might be requirements on supporting people who are
   hard of hearing.
   ... How can technology best support such a person?
   ... Suggest to generalize this use case. A person's profile
   could follow them around the campus.

   <Joshue108_> Sounds great.

   Janina: Hearing aid could get the best input from wherever the
   person is.
   ... It is about supporting pwds who move with their "thing" in
   a confined environment.

   Joshue: Environment could adapt to a user's need.

   Michael: The Web of Things has already been approved to move to
   CR on April 17.
   ... We are already late. Cannot request wide-ranging changes.
   Maybe for future version.

   Janina: In my residence, we are buying our broadband in bulk.
   ... Would like to test this with real people.

   [20]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-thing-description-2018102
   1/

     [20] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-wot-thing-description-20181021/

   <janina> [21]https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

   [22]https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture/

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture/

   Janina: They have not formally moved to CR yet. Contract issue.

Other Business

   (nothing)

   Janina: Meeting adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/05/15 16:45:02 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/deserve/deserve it/
Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, IrfanA, Gottfried, Matthew_A
tkinson, Joshue108_
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC IrfanA Gottfried Matthew_Atkinson Josh
ue108_
Regrets: Leonie Becky Chris John_Foliot
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 15 May 2019
People with action items:

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [26]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 15 May 2019 16:46:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:05 UTC