W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2019

Minutes: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 8 May at 1600Z

From: Matthew Tylee Atkinson <matkinson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:55:02 +0100
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <25AFF730-FD6D-4C04-BBB0-6A773E31251B@paciellogroup.com>
Hello all,

Draft minutes can be found at: https://www.w3.org/2019/05/08-apa-minutes.html

The text content of these is as follows.

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  - DRAFT -


  Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


    08 May 2019


    Attendees

Present
    Becka11y, Irfan_Ali, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, JF, janina
Regrets
Chair
    janina
Scribe
    Matthew_Atkinson, JF


    Contents

  * Topics <#agenda>
     1. Agenda Review & Announcements <#item01>
     2. TPAC 2019 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019
        <#item02>
     3. Task Force Updates <#item03>
     4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item04>
     5. Task Force Updates <#item05>
     6. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item06>
     7. Actions Checkin (Specs)
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 <#item07>
     8. Accessible Gaming Discussion
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Games_Workshop_Position_Paper <#item08>

     9. Web Fingerprinting
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Mitigating_Browser_Fingerprinting_in_Web_Specifications
        <#item09>
    10. Other Business <#item10>
  * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
  * Summary of Resolutions <#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<JF> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson


      Agenda Review & Announcements


      TPAC 2019 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

Janina: we are presently collecting agenda items, and discussions with
other groupos that are also meeting at TPAC.
... e.g. we'd like to meet with CSS.
... aiming to arrange the meetings by late June/early July. Skeleton
agenda will be posted soon.


      Task Force Updates

<Irfan_Ali> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki

Irfan: timeline has been added to the Wiki (link above).
... any questions/concerns/approval of the timeline?

Specific link to timeline (at the bottom of the page):
https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki#timeline

Irfan: proposing to make date for user-scenarios doc to August (from
July), so all are August.

JF: notes clarification on the year may be good to include, also perhaps
nominate a specific date in August.

Michael: moratorium for TPAC is expected to be the week of TPAC.
... suggests call for consensus should be approved by 2019-09-02, which
means initiating it in the last week of August at the very latest.

JF: propose 2019-08-21. (Seems generally accepted.)

Michael: need to ensure that no edits are needed after that date.

JF: Review of final deliverables proposed for the 2019-08-09, allowing
for the following week for review, so the CFC can be published on
2019-08-21.

"Review" above is staff contact review (early August)

<JF> Timeline: Pronunciation TF forwards "complete" document to MC and
Roy by August 9th W/O Aug 12 - 16: review by staff contacts Issue CfC on
Aug. 21st - close on Aug 28 Assuming positive: forwards to PLH W/O Sept
2 Presume publish: Sept 10

<JF> +1 to timeline


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Janina: looking to publish next review draft of CAPTCHA document on
2019-05-28.

Zakim item 3


      Task Force Updates

Janina: looking to publish next review draft of CAPTCHA document on
2019-05-28.
... got a lot of substantive comments during the last round of reviews.


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: CSS lists needs to be discussed.

Janina: Need to talk with Ian Pouncey.

Michael: Content negotiation by profile - taken to Personalisation.

Janina: It was taken back to them and they found it to be orthogonal.

JF: disagrees; will respond on-list.

Michael: both of these are being left as assigned spec reviews.


      Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> close action-2192

<trackbot> Closed action-2192.


      Accessible Gaming Discussion
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Games_Workshop_Position_Paper
      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Games_Workshop_Position_Paper>

<JF> scribe: JF

MA: met with RQTF group0 - provided a lot of feedback and requests for
clarifications

some things came up and may link to external resources (i.e FAST, MAUR,
others))

<janina> http://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/

MA: Game Accessibility guidelines also hjas great info, including Best
Practices and some guidelines

i.e option to re-map controller input, or provide means to adjust or
qugment when quick reaction times are required

much of this is based upon design decisions

<janina> RQTF conversation today is here:

<janina>
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019May/0007.html
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019May/0007.html>

lots of really good examples already

Ian Hamilton has been quite involved there

Still have some additional edits and clarifications to make, to ensure
this understandable to a non-a11y audience

"awareness" will be a big issue

however feedback from RQTF was generally positive

<Matthew_Atkinson> Game Accessibility Guidelines:
http://gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/

MA: will surface a few examples:

one was, when we use accronyms, they need to be expanded

<Matthew_Atkinson> This could be a good summary of CVAA?
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/21st-century-communications-and-video-accessibility-act-cvaa
<https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/21st-century-communications-and-video-accessibility-act-cvaa>

MA: may also provide more than just expanded accronyms, also provide
linsk to resources

additional question about how specialist input devices work? would they
emulate traditional controllers, or would they be fully customizable?

May leave this as an open question for now

Jason noted however there may be some privacy concerns

MA: we've discussed this in various ways previously - hot topic

but there are +'s and -'s.. everyone seems to have an opinion (and there
may be opposing opinions) but a very important question to follow up on

JS: any further input? this is due Friday

MA: one final positive thing... Steve (noble)> gave really good examples
of edu games for kids, that used HTML5

and showed some filtering options (i.e. filter out bg music so students
can focus mbetter on content)

MA: because it is already focused on content design, it remains open to
a11y adaptation

JS: any furtehr comments?

would like that APA point to it as well (example of good work happening
at APA)

[discussion on how to promote this internally]

MC: after the workshop, we may be able to create a pointer to that page

MA: had a question about acknowledgments

will acknowledge Ian Hamilton, APA and RQTF

question whether to indicate specific names

that are linked/participate at the W3C

JS: anything else?


      Web Fingerprinting
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Mitigating_Browser_Fingerprinting_in_Web_Specifications
      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Mitigating_Browser_Fingerprinting_in_Web_Specifications>

JS: may have to defer this for a while


      Other Business

JS: no other items

zakim clear agenda

zakim: clear agenda


    Summary of Action Items


    Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's
scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.154 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2019/05/08 16:49:53 $

------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Sept 11/Sept 10/
Succeeded: s/dioscussion/discussion/
Default Present: Becka11y, Irfan_Ali, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, JF, janina
Present: Becka11y Irfan_Ali Matthew_Atkinson MichaelC JF janina
Found Scribe: Matthew_Atkinson
Inferring ScribeNick: Matthew_Atkinson
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Scribes: Matthew_Atkinson, JF
ScribeNicks: Matthew_Atkinson, JF
Found Date: 08 May 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
diagnostic output]
normal


-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Wednesday, 8 May 2019 16:55:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:33 UTC