Re: APA Action- over to you

Hey Janina.

Sorry for the delay. Was on holiday.... Below I've provided a revised
draft. Please note the following:

1. I removed mention of ARIA. While I admittedly haven't had time to
   really wrap my head around what all might result in a trace
   happening, it seems like the concern isn't ARIA specific. For
   instance, what if the user gives focus to an HTML input and then
   changes its state via AT commands? Is there any chance that asking
   for the accessible name, setting values via AT, etc. might lead to
   a unique trace? (Answer: I dunno, that's why we're asking. :))

2. I removed the example stub. This is a generic concern statement.
   Plus are we in danger of false negatives? (No problem with the
   provided example, so it must all be good!)

3. I removed the specific accessibility APIs. This removal I don't feel
   strongly about. But it just didn't strike me as necessary.

4. I removed the "ARIA Co-Chair" from the signature line. I am not
   speaking as the ARIA Co-Chair or in any way representing the ARIA
   Working Group as far as this specific action item is concerned.
   I left my name since you had it in there, but called myself "APA
   member." I have no objections to my name being included or deleted.

Onto the draft:

<draft>
The Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group has reviewed
the Distributed Tracing specification:

https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/

Our review raised a concern: We want to confirm with you that a user
will not be fingerprinted as a person with some disability as a
consequence of that person using an assistive technology. Our concern is
based on the fact that certain assistive technologies use accessibility
APIs to provide access to the web applications, such as the accessible
name and/or current value of a widget. Can you please help us understand
how this user's privacy would be protected in this situation?

Thank you for your response.

Janina Sajka, APA Chair
Joanmarie Diggs, APA member
</draft>