W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > December 2019

Re: Agenda: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 4 December at 1700Z

From: Matthew Tylee Atkinson <matkinson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 18:36:23 +0000
Cc: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <F74C023D-702A-4473-85B4-A56BBAA7CBE5@paciellogroup.com>
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Hello all,

You can find the minutes at https://www.w3.org/2019/12/04-apa-minutes.html and below for convenience.

best regards,


Matthew

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  - DRAFT -


  Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference


    04 Dec 2019


    Attendees

Present
    janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, JonnyJames, JF, Irfan,
    MichaelC, Becka11y
Regrets
Chair
    janina
Scribe
    becka11y


    Contents

  * Topics <#agenda>
     1. Agenda Review & Announcements <#item01>
     2. Task Force Updates <#item02>
     3. Charter Updates (Incl WebGPU)
        https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
        <#item03>
     4. Community Groups Tracking Review
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups <#item04>
     5. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html <#item05>
     6. HTML Review
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Nov/0003.html
        <#item06>
  * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>
  * Summary of Resolutions <#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Agenda Review & Announcements

<Matthew_Atkinson> Update from W3C Workshop on Web Games:
https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/11/status-update-on-web-games-technologies/
<https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/11/status-update-on-web-games-technologies/>

<Matthew_Atkinson> Great to see the activity continuing after the
workshop. Matthew has been working on some stuff, with a forthcoming
article on 24 Accessibility later this month.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: last meeting in 2019 will be the 18th;
resuming on the 8th.


      Task Force Updates

<Matthew_Atkinson> Irfan: Pronounciation TF update. The technical
document (likely a ~"Pronounciation Specification" i.e. with normative
requirements) will be moved to WICG at some point, though work is
ongoing on maturing it now.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina + Irfan: it will relate to more than just
accessibility, hence moving it to a more "global" channel for publication.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Irfan: the TF is also working on other documents,
including an updated working draft.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Irfan + Janina: User Scenarios document is
progressing. A couple of the documents are going to be merged and
published as APA notes.

<Matthew_Atkinson> (Note: Use Cases and Gap Analysis are the other
documents)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: there's an upcoming publication from the
Personalization TF (more to follow).

<Matthew_Atkinson> JF: Concerned about some of the SC work in WCAG
requiring input from Personalization TF.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: they are trying to coordinate the timelines.
(JF raises concern.)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Research Questions documents on Immersive Web
and WebRTC User Requirements will be published in early 2020.


      Charter Updates (Incl WebGPU)
      https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22
      <https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22>

<MichaelC> GPU for the Web early draft charter
<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html>

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: need to decide if we feel that a formal
liaison might be needed.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Matthew: Wondering how low-level this is (i.e. if
accessiblity would be at this level, or one above); will have a look and
think. Could Josh have a look also, I wonder, as he's lots of experience
in this area?

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* atkinson to review GPU for the Web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html>

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2222 - Review gpu for the web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html>
[on Matthew Atkinson - due 2019-12-11].

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* joshue to review GPU for the Web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html>

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2223 - Review gpu for the web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
<https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html>
[on Joshue O Connor - due 2019-12-11].


      Community Groups Tracking Review
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
      <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups>

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Judy suggested that instead of trying to
orchestrate a top-to-bottom review once every so-often (which has
generally been every year), we should regularly try to identify one
extra group that relates to accessibility.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Therefore we can complete looking at the good
research Becky has done and find several groups that would fit there...

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: ...then on an ongoing basis, look at new ones
and decide which ones qualify.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: Just one each week/month, or all? What if a
lot come up each month?

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: if many come up at a given time that may be
relevant, we will need to give a heads-up that more time is needed.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: We already have several from the current list.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: Could we identify one/two from that list to
take to the meeting today?

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: ^ Manga was already identified.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: (asks for views on the process)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: (agrees that on a monthly basis may be better,
though we don't necessarily know the participation level over time for
groups that are new)

<Matthew_Atkinson> JF: In the past, have we checked for activity when
looking at the list on a yearly basis? Can't we check for activity as we go?

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: We could say that our practice was to see if
a group has gained traction, and only raise accessibility-related groups
that have participation.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: but then we have to track which ones to go
back and look at.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Janina: (agrees - could this be tenable if we are set
up to track?)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: Yes; could add an extra column for when the
group was created.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: we'd also need to put in either 'no need to
track' or assignees.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: ...or that we're watching it.


      new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html>

<MichaelC> Screen Capture <http://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/>

<Matthew_Atkinson> Michael: Janina reviewed in 2016; may need re-review
after it matures; a wide review request has been sent out.

<MichaelC> TTML Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.2
<https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.2/>

<Matthew_Atkinson> (we are not re-reviewing Screen Capture)

<Matthew_Atkinson> Gottfried: (would like to look at it)

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* gottfried to review TTML Profiles for Internet
Media Subtitles and Captions 1.2 https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.2/
<https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.2/>

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2224 - Review ttml profiles for internet media
subtitles and captions 1.2 https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/
<https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/> [on Gottfried Zimmermann - due
2019-12-11].

<Matthew_Atkinson> Becky: there's a summary of substantive changes in
the Abstract

<MichaelC> action-2224?

<trackbot> action-2224 -- Gottfried Zimmermann to Review ttml profiles
for internet media subtitles and captions 1.2
https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/
<https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/> -- due 2019-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2224
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2224>

<MichaelC> action-2224:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TTML_Profiles_for_Internet_Media_Subtitles_and_Captions_1.2
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TTML_Profiles_for_Internet_Media_Subtitles_and_Captions_1.2>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2224 Review ttml profiles for internet
media subtitles and captions 1.2 https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/.
<https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.2/>

<MichaelC> Web Authentication: An API for accessing Scoped Credentials
Level 2 <https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/>

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* janina to review WebAuthn Level 2
https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/>

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2225 - Review webauthn level 2
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/>
[on Janina Sajka - due 2019-12-11].

<MichaelC> action-2225:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Authentication:_An_API_for_accessing_Scoped_Credentials_Level_2
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Authentication:_An_API_for_accessing_Scoped_Credentials_Level_2>

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2225 Review webauthn level 2
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/. <https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/>

<MichaelC> action-2225: coordinate with John Rochford and Jason White

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2225 Review webauthn level 2
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/. <https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/>

<Matthew_Atkinson> JF: Wonders if version 1 would have an impact on
version 2.

<MichaelC> action-2225: Note that AG WG working on WCAG 2.2 SC related
to WebAuth, check if it´s impacted by v2

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2225 Review webauthn level 2
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/. <https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/>

<MichaelC> action-2225?

<trackbot> action-2225 -- Janina Sajka to Review webauthn level 2
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/ <https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn-2/> --
due 2019-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2225
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2225>


      HTML Review
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Nov/0003.html
      <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Nov/0003.html>

<scribe> scribe: becka11y

Matthew: previously discussed some issues with focusing behavior for
video and audio - browsers vary on this

<Matthew_Atkinson> https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5087
<https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/5087>

Matthew: perhaps was incorrect to interpret that W3C specified a certain
focus behavior

<Matthew_Atkinson> Review tracker thread:
https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/5
<https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/5>

Matthew: no blocking issues - okay to close
... there were a few things that had some interest and observation but
now show stoppers; will follow up on focus issue for clarity

JF: concerned about treatment of WebVT chapters
... chapters of a certain type no longer being displayed by the UA is a
concern
... reasoning is becasue it was not well implemented

Matthew: was concerned at first but UA have never shown the chapter
differently; thus couldn’t really say this was a concern because
browsers have never implemented; It has been maintained as a valid ENUM
value because 3rd party media players may rely on it
... thus didn’t seem to be a big concern

JF: bug tracker at WebVTT last action was 2017, seeing various people
saying we should keep this enum

Janina: Yes, this is what Matthew found - keep it;

Matthew: feel it should be implmented by all, but they are not removing
it because some people do implement it

JF: concern about browsers being first class citizens above others;

Janina: yes, that is another discussion

JF: if is just an editorial change that changes from a must to a should
or may

Matthew: I don’t think it has been downgraded - browsers still need to
implement the value and pass it through

<Matthew_Atkinson> RRSAgent: make logs public

<Matthew_Atkinson> Trackbot, end meeting


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* atkinson to review GPU for the Web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* gottfried to review TTML Profiles for Internet Media
Subtitles and Captions 1.2 https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.2/
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* janina to review WebAuthn Level 2
https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn-2/
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* joshue to review GPU for the Web draft charter
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/grorg/admin/blob/wg-charter-draft/wg-charter.html
 


    Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's
scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.154 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2019/12/04 18:06:23 $

------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/2015/2016/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, JonnyJames, JF, Irfan, MichaelC, Becka11y
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs Matthew_Atkinson JonnyJames JF Irfan MichaelC Becka11y
Found Scribe: becka11y
Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
Found Date: 04 Dec 2019
People with action items: atkinson gottfried janina joshue

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
diagnostic output]

-- 
Matthew Tylee Atkinson
--
Senior Accessibility Engineer
The Paciello Group
https://www.paciellogroup.com
A Vispero Company
https://www.vispero.com/
--
This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Wednesday, 4 December 2019 18:36:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:36 UTC