W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > October 2018

Minutes from 3 October

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 13:04:52 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20181003170452.GA29004@rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA teleconference of 3 October are provided below as text.
They're available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2018/10/03-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

03 Oct 2018

Attendees

   Present
          janina, MichaelC, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, Irfan, Chris, JonnyJames

   Regrets
          Leonie, John_Foliot

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. TPAC 2018 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018
         3. CSS Update
         4. Spoken Pronunciation CfC Issues http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2018Oct/0000.html
         5. Knowledge Domain Issue Posted https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/9
         6. CSS Update
         7. Strong Authentication & Identity Workshop https://www.w3.org/Security/strong-authentication-and-identity-workshop/
         8. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   agenda/

   <scribe> scribe: janina

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Janina: agenda review

   ian: Asks to postpone css in the meeting

TPAC 2018 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

   Agenda somewhat populated.

   We'll start conversation about subagenda for the Math on the Web joint mtg

   zakin next item

CSS Update

Spoken Pronunciation CfC Issues http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2018Oct/0000.html

   janina: Will tweak Work Statement per agreed comments and repost to everyone asking whether they still approve

Knowledge Domain Issue Posted https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/9

   Janina points to github link asking for comment. Expect this for discussion at TPAC

   <Chris> welcome, Amy

CSS Update

   ian: Reviewed text levels 3 & 4, no issues
   ... some response on scrollbars

   amy: Looking at css font level 4
   ... Only possible problem 2.1.3 -- some questions and concerns
   ... Do they need alt? What do sr do with emoji's? They're not standardized

   mc: Believe they're saying "use any font" to render the emoji

   mc; Another property find there are defined text versions for the graphic version

   mc: Expect if there's a problem it's not the css spec
   ... Believe this only defines for unicode, so should be ok
   ... Do have issue on "wing ding" gliphs
   ... Suggest accessibility impact statement request

   irfan: Asking about twitter?

   mc: Don't believe a W3C member

   irfan: Large user of their own stuff

   ian: Notes can be problem for Dragon users

   mc: We need to identify whether the spec is wrong or some practices misues the specs. Affects the remedy we attempt

   css: Some gliphs may have different meanings in certain circumstances; but would have single text equivalent

   mc: Believe using fonts for iconography contravenes spirit and intent of the spec
   ... But is that the font module? Somewhere else?
   ... Twitter use case is interesting--does it argue for alt on use of certain gliphs?

   <IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/17

   ian: Process concern on another topic?

   mc: Closing issue on our end doesn't help us track? Should we keep ours open until we're satisfied with the resolution?

Strong Authentication & Identity Workshop https://www.w3.org/Security/strong-authentication-and-identity-workshop/

   janina: Please look. We need a11y represented. Who?

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> CSS Scrollbars Module Level 1

   Is "no need to review" re CSS Scrollbars

   <Chris> that's my mistake, Michael - apologies

   Ian: Has been reviewed. We need a note--will be filing
   ... Minimum contrast issue

   CSS Text 3 & 4

   Ian: We have a closed issue on 3

   Identity for WebRTC 1.0

   After discussion, no need. It's a split from the reviewed doc.

   Nav Timing Level 2

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing-2/ Navigation Timing Level 2 - due 4 weeks

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2181 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation timing level 2 [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-10-31].

   We're concerned about its use in identifying pwds

   <MichaelC> action-2181: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Navigation_Timing_Level_2

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2181 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation timing level 2.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/navigation-timing-2/ Navigation Timing Level 2 - due 4 weeks

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina MichaelC Joanmarie_Diggs IanPouncey Irfan Chris JonnyJames
Regrets: Leonie John_Foliot
Found Scribe: janina
Found Date: 03 Oct 2018
People with action items: janina


-- 

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 3 October 2018 17:05:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 3 October 2018 17:05:16 UTC