MINUTES (was Re: Agenda: APA WEEKLY Teleconference; Wednesday 14 February at 17:00Z)

Minutes can be found at: https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html. or
below as text:

DRAFT -Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference14 Feb
2018Attendees
Presentjanina, JF, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, Becka11yRegretsleonie,
gottfriedChairjaninaScribeJF
Contents

   - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item01>
      2. Open CfC re COGA
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2018Feb/0002.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item02>
      3. CSS update <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item03>
      4. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item04>
      5. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item05>
      6. Other Business
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item06>
      7. be done <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#item07>
   - Summary of Action Items
   <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
   - Summary of Resolutions
   <https://www.w3.org/2018/02/14-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------

<scribe> scribe: JF
preview agenda with items from two minutes

JS: Standard agenda for today, Michael C is unable to join us this week
... a few items to address, but suspect we will end early

JF: what about the timed-text folks?

JS: yes, we need to look at that
... meeting is set for the 28th here, with TTML folks. Janina will invite
the VTT folks too.
... was hoping to discuss this internally before we sit with those groups
however. Will make a specific agenda item for next week

zakin, next item
Open CfC re COGA
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2018Feb/0002.html

JS: there is a CfC ongoing. Want to note the fact, and ask if there are any
questions.

This is a joint TF between APA and AG/COGA TF

JS: they are seeking permission for rolling updates to their documentation
... there appears a strong commitment to get this document finished soon -
benefits many groups.
... this document will ultimately become a W3C Note
... this will be a gap analysis document, along with a roadmap on how to
possibley close the gap

COGA have a tonne of research materials (etc.) that needs to be summerised

The Gap Analysis will be helpful when asking AG and other WGs for specific
requirements.

Identify what is needed, and identify what is missing

JS: They hope to have this completed by next TPAC

JF: this sounds like a "COGA MAUR"...

JS: yes, and there is a working draft already published

[JF and JS chat, both agree to streamline process here]
CSS update

IP: Ian has provided Janina with a draft invite to recruit members to the
CSS/a11y TF

JS: need to find that and review

IP: also sent to the existing list the comments and concerns we had around
preventing movement. Discussed disabling "mouvement", but have not heard
anything more since then.

JS: Can we log that as a decision of the TF? Communicate that we have
reached a consensus that this is a "Good Thing"

IP: not 100% convinced it's not necessary, but support the need to do more
investigation
... noticing a need for 'tutorial' or other educational piece around this
topic
... also closed a few tickets in the queue, but need to reach out to M.
Cooper for some housekeeping issues
... so mostly just looking for ongoing responses, and steady as she goes...
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

JS: with Michael not here, this might be difficult this week. Anybody with
any updates?

<Becka11y> Becky’s are still open - dom 4.1 and shadow dom

JB: I have one open... I need to get at it.

JF: I have one open as well

JS: defer to next week
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<janina> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Not_Checked

JS: Selectors and CSS Grids?

<Becka11y> https://www.w3.org/TR/selectors-3/ selectors

IP: looked at both last week - no issues or concerns noted for

Selectors

<Becka11y> grid: https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1/

Grid however is still part of our ongoing discussions. What we have now is
a 'note' to authors to be careful about visual order and content order

IP{: given the nature of the technology, that seems to be the best we can
ask for

JS: the other one that Michael has highlighted is Personalization. MC
suggest we don't need to look at this
... No formal APA review at this time
... anticipate being asked for an APA review of WCAG 2.1. Suspect that APA
doesn't have an axe to grind here

JF: this has been developed so closely by a11y experts that a deep-dive
review isn';t likely required

JS: but a review/read by fresh eyes is useful

<Becka11y> Becky will be looking into providing some training and
presentations on WCAG 2.1 so will keep my APA hat on while I do that to
perform an informal review for APA

BG: the other one to be watching is the WebRTC spec, and media queries
level 4

JS: I think they are expecting something there - and Media Queries 5 was
where they wre going to start looking at personalization
... I need to take an action around WebRTC as well

notes so far are around implementation
Other Business

JS: I have none. Anyone else?
be done

JS: Meeting ajourned.

trackbot, end meeting
Summary of Action ItemsSummary of Resolutions[End of minutes]

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist