W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2017

Draft minutes of APA call on 2017-05-17

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 07:07:33 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <087701d2d05d$d36010f0$7a2032d0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html
Text format: see bottom of this message.

Best regards,
Gottfried
___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

17 May 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, tzviya, MichaelC

   Regrets
          Michiel, Leonie

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]TPAC 2017
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017
         3. [6]Push API CfC
         4. [7]Task Force Checkins
         5. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [9]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [10]Other Business
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   Janina: any news?

   (nobody)

TPAC 2017 [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

   Janina: Draft agenda may be available in June. But make a hotel
   reservation now.
   ... We don't know how to get the W3C rate for the hotel.
   ... Will keep checking.

Push API CfC

   Janina: I have drafted comments. Case: you don't want to be
   interrupted. I got no comments.
   ... I would like to reference Ted's Github issue. More generic
   use case. We need ways to tell to not push.
   ... I will put out a CfC for a formal decision of the group.

Task Force Checkins

   Michael: Cleaning up Coga publications. Talked with ARIA chairs
   on Monday.
   ... Trying to publish 3 COGA docs together. Focus on the
   REC-doc, i.e. ARIA doc.
   ... My highest prio is on the cog support for WCAG.

   Janina: No general problem with prioritization. But COGA needs
   to deliver its docs as in the charter. Should not stall them.
   ... We need to have these docs published and reviewed

   Michael: Docs are very long - can we expect them to be
   thoroughly reviewed?

   Janina: Maybe publish gap analysis - without issues paper?
   ... There might be other organizations interested in this.

   Michael: Gap analysis is the most useful one. References the
   issue paper.
   ... We could publish as working draft.
   ... Danger of publishing a working draft as a note.
   ... But publishing a working draft without a note is a bad
   idea.

   Tzviya: Only a few people know about this work. You might get
   interested from DC and other accessibility organization that
   are focused on publishing.
   ... What about the CSS task force? - Issue with personalization
   semantics.
   ... Overwriting the layout with CSS semantics could cause
   problems.

   Janina: I have prepared a set of invitations to this call next
   week. On the topic of mechanisms for personalization on the
   Web.
   ... CSS, Media query, etc.
   ... I am going to send out some emails.

   Tzviya: I can join. Can pass it on to others.

   Gottfried: Possible for me to join.

   Janina: What can we do with our 12-year old CAPTCHA paper? -
   Not ready yet.
   ... CSS task force had problems getting off the ground. May
   need some nudge to get started.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2131

   <trackbot> action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if
   csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y
   scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due
   2017-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

   action-2129?

   <trackbot> action-2129 -- Michael Cooper to Find publications
   that went straight to note without review opportunity -- due
   2017-05-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2129

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2129

   Michael: 54% of notes last year were published without a review
   draft.
   ... Will send this in an email to the wg.
   ... There are some process changes needed.

   action-2124?

   <trackbot> action-2124 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up with
   johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input
   events non-leveled -- due 2017-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

   Janina: I am still waiting for Leonie

   action-2119?

   <trackbot> action-2119 -- Janina Sajka to Review html 5.2
   [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/html52/ -- due 2017-05-17 -- OPEN

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/html52/

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2119

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2119

   <MichaelC> close action-2119

   <trackbot> Closed action-2119.

   Janina: Found no problem. Let's close it.

   Tzviya: Issue on ARIA details tag was closed by Charles. Should
   be fine now.

new on TR [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [21]Motion Sensors Explainer

     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/motion-sensors/

   Michael: We sometimes have a11y input on use cases. Do we want
   to deal with this?

   Janina: Probably not - unless somebody has a particular use
   case.

   Michael: (reading from the use case section)

   Janina: No need to review

   <MichaelC> [22]Orientation Sensor

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-sensor/

   Michael: Guessing this is low-level, but nothing on the API
   level.

   Janina: Yes, there could be a11y use cases.

   Gottfried: This doc refers to the motion sensors explainer doc.

   Michael: Cannot tell how comprehensive this API is. But
   guessing we probably care more about API uses than the API
   itself.
   ... We need to come up with a white paper about web of things,
   device API, sensors etc.

   Janina: We need to complain about API specs not explaining
   themselves.

   Michael: Haven't made a formal complaint, only discussed this

   <MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to make a fuss about algorithmic
   specs [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2132 - Make a fuss about algorithmic
   specs [on Michael Cooper - due 2017-05-24].

   Janina: Need to come back to this.
   ... Need to pick up conversation with Ralf. Other groups are
   impacted too.
   ... For us it is not only the problem of not being able to do
   an a11y review, but also resulting in badly written specs.

   Michael: We have 23 specs that are marked "in active review".
   ... 19 have a review assigned.

   Janina: We should get back to this in early June.

Other Business

   Michael: I was reading on content security policy - looking for
   a11y issues - could not find out in the spec. Talked with Ralf.
   ... Ralf said that we have to live with the preferred language
   style of the editor. No resources to train editors or add
   additional editors.
   ... I believe we can still address this by drafting best
   practices to make editors aware of common problems.
   ... This will be an ongoing conversation with Ralf and the
   architecture team.

   Janina: Involve others? Internationalization?

   Michael: Presentation of i18n on how to review specs. They have
   similar processes, but different tools.
   ... I will discuss with them.

   Janina: Best practices policy manual should address this.

   Michael: Not a simple path.

   Janina: There is a wider community that wants to look at an API
   and understand before diving into.
   ... Should be a topic at the next TPAC on Wed.

   Michael: We should gather other interested parties before TPAC.

   Janina: Next call on architectural directions on achieving
   meaningful personalization. Folks from the wider APA community
   are invited.
   ... I will send out the invitation.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: cooper to make a fuss about algorithmic specs
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/05/17 16:45:05 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [27]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/group note/working draft/
Succeeded: s/support/nudge/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, tzviya, MichaelC
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs tzviya MichaelC
Regrets: Michiel Leonie
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 17 May 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [28]http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: cooper

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/17-apa-minutes.html


   [End of [29]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Friday, 19 May 2017 05:08:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:26 UTC