W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > May 2017

Meeting notes for May 10

From: Drake, Ted <Ted_Drake@intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 17:03:15 +0000
To: 'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures' <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3DDE707A-F27F-42B4-BAEE-624D06D39177@intuit.com>
https://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-apa-minutes.html 
 
- DRAFT -
Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
10 May 2017
Agenda
See also: IRC log
Attendees
Present
janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake
Regrets
Chair
Janina
Scribe
tdrake
Contents
•	Topics
1.	preview agenda with items from two minutes
2.	TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017 
3.	Task Force Checkins
4.	Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 
5.	new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

6.	Other Business
•	Summary of Action Items
•	Summary of Resolutions
________________________________________
preview agenda with items from two minutes
janina: The agenda will focus on some passed-on items that need attention.
TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017 
Reminder to book hotel. Have they updated the web page?
MichaelC: It has not yet been updated.
Janina: Next year's TPAC is in Lyon, France.
It's a nice facility.
tdrake: This year's TPAC, is it in San Francisco area?
janina: Yes, it is in Burlingame.
Any questions for TPAC? We need to develop an agenda and decide what groups to meet with.
Michael: ARIA, payments, automotive, authentication...
JF: Add cloud browser folks. It's a task force that came out of the web and tv interest group.
<MichaelC> ARIA
<MichaelC> Automotive
<MichaelC> CSS
<MichaelC> Internet of Things
<MichaelC> Payments
<MichaelC> Web Platform
<MichaelC> Web Authentication
MichaelC: they changed names to something with entertainment.
JohnF: Web and tv - cloud browser TF
Task Force Checkins
MichaelC: Media and Entertainment
Janina: we want to meet with them to implement the MAUR
COGA Status update?
MichaelC: bogged down and targeting next tuesday for publication
<MichaelC> Web Payments and Commerce Accessibility Community Group
SysReq = The community group was blocked and now it can be joined and go to work.
Janina, tdrake, and MichaelC are likely to join.
tdrake: CSS updates. Michael did the initial set up. The community jumped in and started commenting and a few issues are ready to close. I need to get feedback from MichaelC on closing process.
Janina: Report on CAPTCHA should be coming soon.
An upcoming call will focus on personalization. There's an ARIA module, a manifest, ... Let's use May 24 to focus on this conversation.
I'm looking for a list of people to invite for this meeting.
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 
michaelC: I have a task to find specs that went forward without comments. Leave this open.
JF: I am looking at this. one point of interest: This document has an addendum: Algorithm for retrieving bundled collections of documents. I want to go through this in more detail. I'm about 80% done. There's some meat here and I need another week.
<MichaelC> action-2128 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2128 Review web publications for the open web platform: vision and technical challenges https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp/  due date to 2017-05-17 .
<MichaelC> close action-2127
<trackbot> Closed action-2127.
MichaelC: Janina to also review.
<MichaelC> action-2124 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2124 Follow up with johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events non-leveled due date to 2017-05-17.
Janina: waiting for Leonie on events action
<MichaelC> action-2124: need Léonie in call
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2124 Follow up with johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events non-leveled.
<MichaelC> action-2119 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2119 Review html 5.2 https://www.w3.org/tr/html52/  due date to 2017-05-17.
I need another week to finish review of HTML 5.2
<MichaelC> action-2116 due 1 week
<trackbot> Set action-2116 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0.1 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/  due date to 2017-05-17.
JF: another week for action on TTML Profiles
<MichaelC> action-2112: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017May/0033.html 
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2112 Re-review push api https://w3c.github.io/push-api/ .
Janina: Push API has a draft comment. We'd like to tweak on it and get group consensus.
We'd like to push Ted's issue to a group consensus for push events.
We could then push them as APA comments instead of individual user comments.
David, one of the web payment chairs, wants the push events to enable user preference for defining timing. This is good for all people, not just those with disabilities.
This action could be closed.
<MichaelC> close action-2112
<trackbot> Closed action-2112.
Ted's comment: https://github.com/w3c/push-api/issues/257 
MichaelC: Ted to take over CSS transitions. This can be closed as the issue has been created within GitHub and ready for follow up.
<MichaelC> close action-2011
<trackbot> Closed action-2011.
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html 
<scribe> New Publications: 6 new ones: CSS Grid Layout module 1
HTML Media Capture
<MichaelC> HTML Media Capture
it defines a form action to utilize camera.
JF: i have a vague recollection of us looking at this. It doesn't have much UI. It exposes the camera to scripted abilities in a web page.
Janina: my concern is that you may have multiple cameras and devices.
JF: it simply exposes an API to script the camera on a mobile device.
you would be given a user interface to manipulate the camera, but this is just an api to script the camera
janina: there's another api for user interface capture and manipulation.
michaelC: closing this. it is specific to smart phone camera. No need to review.
<MichaelC> HTML Microdata
HTML MicroData. This is a new spec.
This avoids the problems from MicroFormats and is similar to RDFa.
JF: this was proposed after Yandex and other groups began using it. It's needs to be updated to keep it fresh.
There are no concerns and the editor, Chaarls, would keep an eye on any accessibility concerns. It requires a taxonomy. There may be some interactivity with taxonomy terms and manifest.
MichaelC: It doesn't give information on using a shared vocabulary.
No need to review
Overview of coverage JSON format
<MichaelC> Overview of the CoverageJSON format
joint publication with OGC. Open Geospatial ... coverage JSON is something open geospatial does and this is a coverage document. I don't know if we need to review this.
janina: Give it to me.
JF: there's going to be some extension points. There is a relationship with wayfinding applications. This seems to be more of a backend thing.
<MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review Overview of the CoverageJSON format https://www.w3.org/TR/covjson-overview/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-apa-minutes.html#action01 ]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2130 - Review overview of the coveragejson format https://www.w3.org/tr/covjson-overview/  [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-05-17].
Michaelc: Does it give examples for future uses that we should have input.
JF: should we meet with them in Burlingame.
<MichaelC> action-2130?
<trackbot> action-2130 -- Janina Sajka to Review overview of the coveragejson format https://www.w3.org/tr/covjson-overview/  -- due 2017-05-17 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2130 
MichaelC: we already have a full schedule, this shouldn't be needed.
<MichaelC> action-2130: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Overview_of_the_CoverageJSON_format 
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2130 Review overview of the coveragejson format https://www.w3.org/tr/covjson-overview/ .
<MichaelC> action-2130 due 6 weeks
<trackbot> Set action-2130 Review overview of the coveragejson format https://www.w3.org/tr/covjson-overview/  due date to 2017-06-21.
janina: give me until end of june to review the document.
Push API: we've talked about this already.
<MichaelC> Web Authentication: An API for accessing Public Key Credentials
michaelC: Web Authentication for accessing Public Key credentials.
They must have changed names.
They changed the name from "Web Api" to "an API", which makes it difficult to research.
It should have hit our wiki in February. The latest spec on scoped credentials is open. This is an API for a web application to request a public/private key and the browser to store the keys.
The spec doesn't define the user interface, but there needs to be something from the browser. Do we define this or should it default to UAG specification?
Janina: I'm inclined to let it go.
Other Business
Other business: Content Security
<MichaelC> Content Security Policy
we have several specs we passed on, there are several dealing with security. We've discovered we shouldn't have passed on them. Michael to explain bookmarklets
michaelC: someone mentioned their need to add headings to GitHub comments. I created a bookmarklet, but it didn't work on github.com. Investigating this, the content security policy will block non white-listed scripts.
the content security shouldn't block bookmarklets as a user script, but the spec is very difficult to read.
JF: api-specs: can we elevate this topic at TPAC.
Janina: we need to talk about this on Wednesday. We need to hold them to a higher level than writing algorithms
JF: could we get 15-20 minutes?
Janina: this hampers our ability to do our job as well as those that are writing the spec if they can't say in plain English what this spec does.
MichaelC: I put this down on our agenda. Last year we proposed a break-out session. Perhaps we could do this for the event.
I am scheduled to talk with Ralph and we could discuss this.
Ted: The HTML Codesniffer bookmarklet is commonly blocked within https pages. I didn't think of this as the cause. I thought it was something in our javascript that was blocking the bookmarklet.
MichaelC: we need to see what defines whitelisted groups.
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review Overview of the CoverageJSON format https://www.w3.org/TR/covjson-overview/   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-apa-minutes.html#action01]
 

Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
________________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/05/10 16:53:47 $
________________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs tdrake
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tdrake
Inferring Scribes: tdrake
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017May/0031.html

Found Date: 10 May 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-apa-minutes.html

People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]




Ted Drake | Principal Engineer, Intuit Accessibility
Work Phone: (650) 944-5265| Cell Phone: (650) 245-4825 | ted_drake@intuit.com
Twitter: @ted_drake
 
Intuit | simplify the business of lifetm


Received on Wednesday, 10 May 2017 17:04:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 10 May 2017 17:04:07 UTC