Re: apa-ACTION-2137: Review notifications api https://notifications.spec.whatwg.org/ related to push api review

This is a progress report on my Action-2137:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2137

Background: We filed comments on Web Platforms Push API noting use cases
requiring defferal of notifications in certain user scenarios. We were
directed to file our requirements with the WHAT-WG Notifications
specification:

https://notifications.spec.whatwg.org/

Specifically with respect to our current concerns with push technology,
I see no mechanism defined for deferring the display of notifications
based on anything. So, our use cases are not met in this specification, imo.

We may have additional accessibility concerns with this specification,
though what action we might take regarding a non W3C specification is
undefined.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200