W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2017

Minutes: APA Telecon Wednesday 18 January at 17:00Z

From: Michiel Bijl (list) <michiel.list@moiety.me>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:03:36 +0000
Message-Id: <FC801459-6E97-477D-A3D9-247148816007@moiety.me>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
The minutes for today’s call can be found as text in this e-mail and at the following URL: https://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html>

— Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

18 Jan 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MichielBijl, Joanmarie_Diggs, Janina, MichaelC, JF,
          tdrake, ShaneM

   Regrets
          Gottfried, John_Northrup, Leonie

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          MichielBijl, JF

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         3. [6]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         4. [7]Media Accessibility in W3C Specs
         5. [8]Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl
            http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/
         6. [9]APA's Accessibility Checklist
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   JS: Any additions to agenda?
   ... Any news for the good of the order?

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2017

   <trackbot> action-2017 -- Fred Esch to Review activitypub
   [13]https://www.w3.org/tr/activitypub/ -- due 2016-03-16 --
   CLOSED

     [13] https://www.w3.org/tr/activitypub/

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2017

     [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2017

   MC: remember we reviewed something a while back

   <MichaelC> action-2107 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2107 Review
   [15]https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api
   due date to 2017-01-25.

     [15] https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/

   JS: Nothing like web cryptography in APA

   action-2104

   <trackbot> action-2104 -- Michiel Bijl to Review aria in html
   [16]http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN

     [16] http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2104

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2104

   <JF> MB: no apparent conflicts with the ARIA spec, but noted
   some issues with HTML spec

   <MichaelC> close action-2104

   <trackbot> Closed action-2104.

   <JF> Consulted with Steve Faulkner, recommends to file issues
   agaisnt HTML spec

   <JF> WAs mis-matches between roles defined

   action-2095

   <trackbot> action-2095 -- Jason White to Review web
   authentication [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ -- due
   2017-01-18 -- OPEN

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2095

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2095

   MC: will mark wiki as complete

   JS: taken up by RTQF

   MC: Don’t have a category for nor-abandoned nor-complete

   JS: We could

   <MichaelC> action-2095 due 1 year

   <trackbot> Set action-2095 Review web authentication
   [20]https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ due date to 2018-01-18.

     [20] https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/

   MC: Will say “defer action”

   action-2094

   <trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api
   specification [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due
   2017-01-11 -- OPEN

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

   JS: Still working on it
   ... leave over due

   action-2052

   <trackbot> action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due
   2016-09-28 -- OPEN

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

   SM: didn’t do it

   MC: Was published again on TR this week

   JS: All DOM specs are open for updating

   SM: Please leave it open, will contact Rich

   <MichaelC> action-2052 due 2 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2052 Review
   [25]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom due date to
   2017-02-01.

     [25] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/

   SM: Set for two weeks from now, will have update by then

   action-2086

   <trackbot> action-2086 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Review
   [26]https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due
   2016-09-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [26] https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2086

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2086

   JS: Wanted to talk to Léonie about that
   ... Might want to bring them to Web Platforms

   action-2062

   <trackbot> action-2062 -- Lisa Seeman to Re-review custom
   counter styles
   [28]https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/ -- due
   2016-07-06 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [28] https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2062

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2062

   MC: We didn’t reassign the action

   TD: ??

   JS: Re-assign and give a couple of weeks

   MC: In July we said no further review needed, but never closed.
   ... Will re-assign to Ted with two weeks to go
   ... That’s it for action

new on TR [30]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [30] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   MC: There seem to be no new publications of interest
   ... There’re four specs with explicit review requests

   JS: Bunch of webpayments right?

   MC: Yeah, three

   SM: I’ve looked at it, nothing to do for us there

   <MichaelC> action-2100?

   <trackbot> action-2100 -- Shane McCarron to Review pubsub
   [31]https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/ -- due 2017-01-26 -- OPEN

     [31] https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2100

     [32] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2100

   MC: Also have a category for specs that are assigned but
   haven’t returned anything

   JS: At some point we need to look at community groups

   MC: Done with TR

Media Accessibility in W3C Specs

   JS: Ralph Swick?? will join us next week
   ... We have a MAUR document to help us
   ... We’ve been able to specify a whole lot of things via user
   requirements
   ... We need to find a way that it gets appropriately address
   ... Which comments need to go to who
   ... MAUR is a long read, would be nice to have a one and half
   page summary.
   ... John is working on ??

   <ShaneM> I thought the checklist was updated right before the
   MAUR was published.... I sort of remember doing it

   JF: There is a disconnect between the MAUR and the checklist
   ... Rebuilding reqs into a checklist
   ... Would like feedback
   ... Cross ref to WCAG 2.0
   ... Something are infered through WCAG
   ... Not explicitly called out
   ... Some of that feedback needs to be fed back to WCAG WG.
   ... Think we need to add note not necessarily normative
   ... Open to any suggestions to things we need to track
   ... It’s now hosted in the Wiki, is there somewhere else, more
   static, where we can host this?

   MC: We can come up with a place
   ... If appropriate, we can take it to note track, mixed feeling
   about that, but we can solve it

   JF: At some point we want to get it out of the W3 wiki
   ... Not overly fussy where

   JS: MAUR has a reference to it, so would have to edit that

   JF: Updating a link is not a problem
   ... Let me do the hard work and we’ll figure out the paper work
   later

   JS: Should consider if there is enough new information to
   update the MAUR
   ... Think we have a couple of small comments, maybe push to 1.2

   MC: While there is bureaucracy for updating notes, not as bad
   as RECs

   JF: The other thing, some of the author requirements have
   nothing to do with APIs
   ... There are some other requirements as well

   JS: Should be made into best practices

   JF: Or advance to WCAG

   JS: If that’s the case I don’t care too much about which
   version.
   ... Would be interested in POCs

   JF: Someone from BBC showed me some stuff

   JS: Would like to do that
   ... If you have time before next meeting that’d be good

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to note there are also some author
   requirements that have nothing to do with APIs

Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl
[33]http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

     [33] http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

   <JF> scribe: JF

   MB: have done a review

   no real issues except for one item - a legacy issue

   there are a number of elements that are not currently iin
   alpha-order

   there is one issue however that is the section element

   <MichielBijl> [34]https://github.com/w3c/html-aria/issues/64

     [34] https://github.com/w3c/html-aria/issues/64

   according to ARIA in HTML, it maps to region, but according to
   APG it has extra properties

   <MichielBijl>
   [35]https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/239

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/239

   so there is a need for an update

   there are a number of differences between what is allowed in
   different documents

   Steve F. has requested that these differences be filed as bugs

   JS: a good list of items to follow up on
   ... suspect that the ARIA group would be interested inthis as
   well, especially the discrepancies apparent
   ... our wiki should have, at a minimum, pointers of what
   happened and a paper-trail back to github issues

   MB: hae a markdown file of issues noted, can be added to
   anywhere

   JS: can send it tomailing list

   MB: yes, can do that
   ... has 3 categories of issues: ARIA in HTML issues, HTML
   issues, and one APG issue

   most issues are the descrepencies

   MB: so question is, where should post the issues?

   JB: definately on the ARIA list

   <scribe> ACTION: Michiel to file issues, send out email to both
   lists [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2109 - File issues, send out email to
   both lists [on Michiel Bijl - due 2017-01-25].

   <MichaelC> associate action-2109 with product-8

   <trackbot> action-2109 (File issues, send out email to both
   lists) associated with product-8.

   <MichaelC> action-2109?

   <trackbot> action-2109 -- Michiel Bijl to File issues, send out
   email to both lists -- due 2017-01-25 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2109

     [37] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2109

APA's Accessibility Checklist

   <MichielBijl> MC: No news since last week

   <MichaelC> [38]Draft WTAG Checklist

     [38] http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

   <MichielBijl> MC: I tried to make the checklist somewhat
   complete

   <MichielBijl> MC: It references relevant guidelines

   <MichielBijl> MC: I think the wording of these checklist items
   needs to be done

   <MichielBijl> MC: Were drafted so we would understand

   <MichielBijl> MC: A) Do we have the right sections

   <MichielBijl> MC: B) Are the checklist items appropriate for
   that section

   <MichielBijl> MC: Can send comments to the list

   <MichielBijl> MC: Can send PRs, but might be a little early for
   that

   <MichielBijl> MC: Might do restructure in coming weeks

   <MichielBijl> MC: Ralph wants this in April

   <MichielBijl> MC: Not sure yet when we want to publish final
   version

   <MichielBijl> MC: Over next month we’ll try to answer all those
   questions

   <MichielBijl> MC: Publish in APA rep or TR

   <MichielBijl> MC: These checklist items are just CSS

   <MichielBijl> MC: Would like to put in actual form

   <MichielBijl> MC: Would be able to submit and get a list of
   things you need to look at

   <MichielBijl> JF: I see there are some gaps

   <MichielBijl> JF: Under the explanation column

   <MichielBijl> JF: Do you need help?

   <MichielBijl> MC: Yes!

   <MichielBijl> MC: Would be greatly appreciated

   <MichielBijl> MC: If people can offer content, that would be
   great

   <MichielBijl> MC: In short term e-mail is fine

   <MichielBijl> JF: Looking at media stuff here

   <MichielBijl> JF: Working on MAUR anyway, seems trivial to feed
   that to checklist

   <MichielBijl> MC: Did attempt to link to MAUR

   <MichielBijl> MC: Will fix contrast issue soon

   <MichielBijl> JF: target audience is other WGs?

   <MichielBijl> MC: primary target audience yes

   <MichielBijl> JS: Think we need to put on media hats

   <MichielBijl> Whatever different viewpoints we have

   <MichielBijl> Michael just noted that indeed you need to be
   able to send out to different devices

   <MichielBijl> MC: That’s the sort of stuff I want people to
   catch in their review

   <MichielBijl> Might be useful to look at overall web
   accessibility technology guidelines

   <MichaelC> [39]Draft WTAG

     [39] http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/wtag.html

   <MichielBijl> Nearly 2 year old draft at this point

   <MichielBijl> Went through it with PFWG at some point

   <MichielBijl> JS: plenty of work left!

   <MichielBijl> Any other comments or questions?

   <MichielBijl> We’re at the hour

   <MichielBijl> We’ll discuss input events when Léonie is here,
   we had some comments from Rich.

   <MichielBijl> Thanks all!

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Michiel to file issues, send out email to both
   lists [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/01/18 18:02:31 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at [43]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/WP/Web Platforms/
Succeeded: s/ted/Ted/
Succeeded: s/compelte/complete/
Succeeded: s/audiance/audience/
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Scribes: MichielBijl, JF
ScribeNicks: MichielBijl, JF
Present: MichielBijl Joanmarie_Diggs Janina MichaelC JF tdrake ShaneM
Regrets: Gottfried John_Northrup Leonie

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 18 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [44]http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: michiel

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2017/01/18-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [45]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 18 January 2017 18:04:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 18 January 2017 18:04:07 UTC