W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > February 2017

Minutes: APA Teleconference; Wednesday22 February at 17:00Z

From: Michiel Bijl (list) <michiel.list@moiety.me>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:07:38 +0000
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <F3045DF2-EDDC-42CC-A6E5-165A595F4BAC@moiety.me>
The minutes for today’s call can be found as text in this e-mail or at this URL: https://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html>

— Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

22 Feb 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Janina, scribe, Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake, MichaelC,
          Katie_Haritos-Shea

   Regrets
          John, Leonie

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          MichielBijl

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]APA at CSUN
         3. [6]APA Task Forces
         4. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         5. [8]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         6. [9]Other Business
         7. [10]next and future meetings
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: MichielBijl

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   JS: Anything to add to the agenda?

   MC: Talk about community group strategy?

   MB: Anything about the CSS TF?

   JS: We can have an agendum for that

   We’ll discuss it

APA at CSUN

   JS: Think it’s only Michael and Ted there (of those on the
   call)?
   ... Sorry I won’t be there this year

   Maybe we’ll meet around TPAC

APA Task Forces

   JS: Thank you Michael for forwarding email from Rossen

   Given we have TFs with specific expertise

   Would it be helpful, because we still look at all specs

   That who within CSS has the required expertise to take those
   up?

   TD: I think that sounds good

   I did have this busy streak

   If you know someone who is really good at Grid Layout out
   versus someone that is good at Animations, that would be very
   helpful

   Can we track this somewhere?

   MC: We’ve talked about it

   Janina and I from time to time at least

   Don’t have a doc at the moment

   TD: Could have a spreadsheet or something like that where
   people can fill in their own expertise

   MC: We have something like that, but there are a lot of gaps

   Let me dig it up

   TD: Doing some research on how teams do data matrix

   See a lot of people depend on spreadsheets

   <MichaelC> [13]Accessibility Coordination Matrix

     [13] https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/Accessibility_Coordination_Matrix

   JS: Hope to talk to Lisa and Jason about coga

   Negotiating that they deliver it to use in a way that we can
   update our documents

   We need a gap analysis that is worthy of publication

   I think Michael and I believe that it can stand a bit more
   editorial work

   JS: APIs should be doing more then what they’re doing right now

   It’s a first public working draft

   On the other hand it may be a definitional problem

   She’s asking for the 25 most important features

   Any time you mention a number it’s arbitrary

   MC: There might be a literal confusion about what should go
   into an API opposed to what should go into a SC

   JS: They’re our TFs, so we should have some oversight.

   And make sure we get work done

   In case of COGA it’s WCAG and us.

   Lisa looked at the CFC and the draft

   And took the same thinking into writing the API

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2113

   <trackbot> action-2113 -- Ted Drake to Review css display
   module level 3 [15]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/ -- due
   2017-02-08 -- OPEN

     [15] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2113

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2113

   TD: Haven’t had time, please extend

   <MichaelC> action-2113 due 2 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2113 Review css display module level 3
   [17]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/ due date to
   2017-03-08.

     [17] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/

   action-2070

   <trackbot> action-2070 -- Ted Drake to Pick up the thread with
   [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter
   styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due
   2017-01-25 -- OPEN

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

   <MichaelC> action-2070 due 2 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2070 Pick up the thread with
   [20]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter
   styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us due
   date to 2017-03-08.

     [20] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/

   <MichaelC> action-2062 due 2 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2062 Re-review custom counter styles
   [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/ due date
   to 2017-03-08.

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/

   action-2062

   <trackbot> action-2062 -- Ted Drake to Re-review custom counter
   styles [22]https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/ --
   due 2017-03-08 -- OPEN

     [22] https://www.w3.org/tr/predefined-counter-styles/

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2062

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2062

   JS: There should be one pending review?

   action-2107

   <trackbot> action-2107 -- Janina Sajka to Review
   [24]https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api --
   due 2017-02-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [24] https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2107

     [25] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2107

   MC: Close this action and review?

   JS: I think so.

   We could go digging through the spec

   It’s already on TR

   MC: Wiki page says we already missed the boat

   I closed the action and marked it as completed

new on TR [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [27]Indic Layout Requirements

     [27] https://www.w3.org/TR/ilreq/

   <MichaelC> [28]Requirements for Chinese Text Layout 中文排版需求

     [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/clreq/

   MC: There are 4 new publications

   <MichaelC> [29]CSS Containment Module Level 1

     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-1/

   MC: There has already been a wide review

   Yes, it’s a first public working draft

   But it’ll go to CR really soon

   <MichaelC> ACTION: ted to manage review of CSS Containment
   Module Level 1 [30]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-1/
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [30] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-1/
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2118 - Manage review of css
   containment module level 1
   [32]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-contain-1/ [on Ted Drake - due
   2017-03-01].

     [32] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-contain-1/

   MC: I’m worried about this spec causing issues with zoom

   <MichaelC> action-2118:
   [33]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Containment_Module_Leve
   l_1

     [33] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Containment_Module_Level_1

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2118 Manage review of css
   containment module level 1
   [34]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-contain-1/.

     [34] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-contain-1/.

   <MichaelC> [35]CSS Timing Functions Level 1

     [35] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-timing-1/

   MC: We don’t have a timeline, but they said soon™
   ... This one allows authors to transform animations

   Might cause stutters or flashes

   MB: How so? Looks a lot like transition timing function that’s
   already in CSS

   You can already violate WCAG with the current implementation of
   animations

   MC: Might need a section that says “beware…”

   JS: We started to ask for notes like that in specs
   .el { animation: flash 1s infinite } @keyframes flash { 0%
   {background: red;} 100% {background: yellow;} }

   MC: If your assertion is true there might be no need for a
   review

   But we might want a note or accessibility section in the
   animation spec

   Recent ReSpec update asks about privacy and security section

   Could tap into that and ask Shane to implement such a feature
   for accessibility sections.

   MB: Worth remembering that most of CSS is written on Bikeshed
   IIRC

   MC: Not sure how Bikeshed handles this sort of thing

   MB: Not too familiar with it myself, so not sure either

   MC: So should we not review this?

   JS: Haven’t heard any strong arguments that we should

   MC: Should we pursue a note in CSS specs?

Other Business

   JS: Katie! Judie was pushing you and me to ??

   Anything new would have to be looked at

   We were taking the approach that we would wait for groups to
   actually achieve something

   Last time we did it we had someone go through the entire list

   MC: We used to review CGs routinely

   At some point we started to look after a couple of months

   And then we sort of forgot about them

   There are a few groups that are in long term incubation

   We should engage with them

   I think we should do more with CGs, but don’t have proposals

   JS: Can we come back to this after CSUN?

   Want to approach CGs systematically

   KS: Could we have a meeting once a month with the CG chairs?

   JS: Yeah, I think we want to avoid doing all the searching

   Once a month might be a bit too frequent

   KS: Once every two or three months could also work.

   I can go back and go through what we had and what is still
   there

   <MichaelC> [36]previous CG tracking

     [36] https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Spec_Review/Community_Groups

   MC: Roughly 15 CGs from a year ago that we wanted to track

   KS: Happy to update, as long as we come to the situation where
   we can get their chairs to agree to come to calls

   MC: Might want to offer other ways to communicate as well

   JS: We need to think that through

   Let’s get back to this after CSUN

next and future meetings

   JS: We’re concerned about our comments on Web Payments not
   being incorporated.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: ted to manage review of CSS Containment Module
   Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-contain-1/ [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([39]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/02/22 18:04:14 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at [40]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/??/Jason/
Succeeded: s/CGs/CG/
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Present: Janina scribe Joanmarie_Diggs tdrake MichaelC Katie_Haritos-She
a
Regrets: John Leonie
Found Date: 22 Feb 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [41]http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: ted

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [42]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 22 February 2017 18:08:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 22 February 2017 18:08:11 UTC