W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > February 2017

[Minutes] Minutes from the 1 February 2017 call

From: Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 11:53:12 -0600
Message-ID: <CAJdbnOCoAEFZ_foHSZz1H=4P9Bj_-fBU0-WD5A=iEOYmVG5e4Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group <public-apa@w3.org>
Draft minutes are available at
https://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html

A text version is below:

W3C
- DRAFT -

Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

01 Feb 2017

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake, kenneth, mb244, MichaelC, ShaneM, IanPouncey,
Léonie, janina, JF
Regrets
Chair
Janina
Scribe
Léonie
Contents

Topics
preview agenda with items from two minutes
CSS A11y Task Force Work Begins
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
APA's Accessibility Checklist
Updating DOM--Any RFEs?
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html
Other Business
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
<tdrake> I am having trouble as well. Have we reset the password? Janina,
could you send it to me as well?
preview agenda with items from two minutes

<tink> scribe: Léonie
<MichaelC> scribeNick: tink
JS: News?
... Hearing none, I'd like to welcome a new member to this WG.

<tdrake> privmsg janina is there a new password for webex?
[Introductions]

<JF> Welcome both
JS: Welcome Matt Blake from Georgia Tech.
... And also Kenneth Thompson from Georgia Tech.

CSS A11y Task Force Work Begins

JS: The TF is off the ground.
... An initial meeting was held yesterday, though conference calls will not
be the typical work mode for the TF.

<tdrake> I am unable to join via webex, so following webex.
<tdrake> sorry, irc
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

action-211?

<trackbot> Sorry, but action-211 does not exist.
action-2101?

<trackbot> action-2101 -- Léonie Watson to Review service workers
https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/ -- due 2017-02-01 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2101
LW: No further action needed.
... Email was sent in reply to the original action.

<MichaelC_> close action-2101
<trackbot> Closed action-2101.
action-2100?

<trackbot> action-2100 -- Shane McCarron to Review pubsub
https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/ -- due 2017-01-26 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2100
SM: Thought this was marked finished already?

<MichaelC_> close action-2100
<trackbot> Closed action-2100.
MC: It was, last week.

action-2070?

<trackbot> action-2070 -- Ted Drake to Pick up the thread with
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on
needing reply to their response to us -- due 2017-01-25 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070
MC: Ted isn't here.

<tdrake> no update yet. I will need to extend it
action-2052?

<trackbot> action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2017-02-01 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052
SM: Still pending.

JS: Now we have the CSS TF, suggest we can close 2011?

action-2011?

<trackbot> action-2011 -- Janina Sajka to Janina to draft examples of how
the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be
solidified -- due 2016-06-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2011
scribe: Think the TF will take us to the place we want to be with this.
... Could reassign to Ted if we want to be cautious.
... I'll drop him a note.

<tdrake> hand wavey... I can take this, but I will need some time. I am
swamped for the next week
action-1751?

<trackbot> action-1751 -- Léonie Watson to Review push api
http://www.w3.org/tr/push-api/ -- due 2016-02-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1751
LW: I'd suggest we do another review because a lot of work has happened on
the spec in the last six months.
... Would prefer not to be the one to review myself.

JS: I'll take it.
... Any rush?

LW: In the next couple of months would be good.

<MichaelC_> ACTION: Janina to re-review Push API
https://w3c.github.io/push-api/ - due 1 March [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2112 - Re-review push api
https://w3c.github.io/push-api/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-03-01].
<MichaelC_> action-2112: see https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Push_API
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2112 Re-review push api
https://w3c.github.io/push-api/.
<MichaelC_> associate action-2112 with product-8
<trackbot> action-2112 (Re-review push api https://w3c.github.io/push-api/)
associated with product-8.
<MichaelC_> close action-1751
<trackbot> Closed action-1751.
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<ShaneM> Sorry - I feel off of the internet for a while. A spec we have not
updated in a year is https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/
<MichaelC_> CSS Display Module Level 3
MC: CSS Display module Level 3
... Was discussed on the TF call yesterday.

JS: Think we're still responsible for identifying issues, but that the TF
will be able to work on solutions.
... Ping Ted perhaps?

<MichaelC_> ACTION: drake to review CSS Display Module Level 3
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-display-3/ [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2113 - Review css display module level 3
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/ [on Ted Drake - due 2017-02-08].
<tdrake> yes.
<MichaelC_> action-2113:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Display_Module_Level_3
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2113 Review css display module level 3
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-display-3/.
MC: CSS Snapshot 2017

<MichaelC_> CSS Snapshot 2017
MC: a conglomaration of CSS specs.

LW: It's basically an index page.

MC: Yes, no need to review.
... Web Cryptography API.
... Has gone to Rec, but we had an open action to review (Janina).

<MichaelC_> Web Cryptography API
JS: Think we should leave it open.
... Was doing forsensics to find out what we'd done on it before.

<MichaelC_> action-2107: Spec has gone to Rec but need to decide if there´s
anything we need for future versions
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2107 Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api.
<MichaelC_> XQuery Update Facility 3.0
SM: No nned to review.

<MichaelC_> XQuery Update Facility 3.0 Requirements and Use Cases
APA's Accessibility Checklist

We know there is more work to do.

RRSAgent: ... Should we run a CFC to move it forward?

scribe: Should we run a CFC on this?
... Hearing no objections, I'll issue the CFC.

Updating DOM--Any RFEs?
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html

JS: All the DOM specs are now being updated.

LW: They're all at very different stages of development.
... The transition request for DOM 4 is going through now.

JS: Yes, Shane looked at it a while ago.

LW: Would be good to revisit now.

<ShaneM> ScribeNick: ShaneM
Other Business

janina: Janina and John Foliot have an action to pull some use cases out of
the MAUR

This will make it easier to incorporate into the checklists etc.

scribe: there will be additional groups involved (platform, I18N, etc). We
are looking at updating the MAUR in the coming weeks.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: drake to review CSS Display Module Level 3
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-display-3/ [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to re-review Push API https://w3c.github.io/push-api/
- due 1 March [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/02/01 17:50:21 $
Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/CSS Display module/MC: CSS Display module Level 3/
Succeeded: s/forensices/forsensics/
Succeeded: s/mUAR/MAUR/
Found Scribe: Léonie
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <L\�\�onie> ...
Found ScribeNick: tink
Found ScribeNick: ShaneM
ScribeNicks: tink, ShaneM
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs tdrake kenneth mb244 MichaelC ShaneM IanPouncey
Léonie janina JF
Found Date: 01 Feb 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/02/01-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: drake janina

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]

-- 
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops
Received on Wednesday, 1 February 2017 17:54:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:55:25 UTC