W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2017

Meeting notes for April 19, 2017

From: Drake, Ted <Ted_Drake@intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:53:14 +0000
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5968C3A6-846A-46CA-B3F3-9DBA3A55D2C2@intuit.com>
https://www.w3.org/2017/04/19-apa-minutes.html 

Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
19 Apr 2017
See also: IRC log
Attendees
Present
janina, tdrake, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC
Regrets
Leonie, John_Foliot, Gottfried
Chair
Janina
Scribe
tdrake
Contents
• Topics
1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
2. COGA CfC (Ours & AG_WG's)
3. Payments Accessibility CG Update
4. RQTF & CSS TFs Update
5. TPAC 2017 -- Cross Group Meetings?
6. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 
7. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html 
• Summary of Action Items
• Summary of Resolutions
________________________________________
<scribe> scribe: tdrake
preview agenda with items from two minutes
MichaelC: Janina and I published a blog post, most of the APA has probably not seen it
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/blog/2017/04/apa-review/ 
Leonie replied it was a good intro to the W3C
Janina: now she's on the board. It was a good career step. We need to recruit. We need to list areas that are needed for coverage.
for example: automotive.
At TPAC in Lisbon, there were 60 people participating.
COGA CfC (Ours & AG_WG's)
janina: COGA passed the AG. there was a decision email this morning. There was a person that had a question. Is there a wrinkle that needs to be addressed?
Michael: researching to find the reply
michaelC: Detlev said there was no objection to decision to advance. This shouldn't interfere with the decision.
Janina: Josh's question about starting a survey seemed premature.
Payments Accessibility CG Update
We should proceed, publish, and then comments.
We need to find out if there are 5 votes yet.
MichaelC: it is still at three supporters
Go to community homegroups to see if you have supported a proposal
We need to determine if this is the best approach. We still have the task force.
we do have a process for getting people involved.
Janina: it's still sitting at 3 after a week, that is not good.
RQTF & CSS TFs Update
Janina, Michael, and Ted will talk about CSS after the meeting. Joanie is interested.
RQTF is close to providing guidance on how to update CAPTCHA paper from 12 years ago.
They are providing new text and resources to research findings
Janina will follow up and will need assistance to tweak the language and examples. After this is satisfied, we will go through the process to update the CAPTCHA paper.
This should be completed by the end of June, as they are giving good feedback.
TPAC 2017 -- Cross Group Meetings?
TPAC is going to be a standing agenda item.
We don't want to clash with ARIA, but we don't have any other specific timing issues.
Two reasons to bring this up: It is expected the hotel is going to get full. We are not the only event happening in this area.
tdrake: Hotels are difficult to get in the valley, book early.
MichaelC: The TPAC site is requesting early reservations and the booking code is not yet working.
We should know in June for what days may be assigned
Janina: we need to know what other groups to work with. For instance, Payments, CSS, who else? Automotive?
tdrake: Internet of Things?
Janina: There has been some communication, but we don't know at this point.
MichaelC: we do want to meet with web of things, web platform, web authentication (captcha)
janina: RQTF will also be relevant.
MichaelC: ARIA and Accessibility Guidelines?
Coga would be a topic.
<MichaelC> APA at TPAC 2017
tdrake: Leonie asked about remote viewing. what is the status of TPAC with remote.
MichaelC: We typically have a phone and webex. We do suggest in-person meetings, but it's possible we will depend more on remote participation than usual.
janina: we always have remote dial-in as well as irc.
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 
Action for input events, owned by Leonie, this is sitting and waiting for Leonie.
<trackbot> Error finding 'for'. You can review and register nicknames at < http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users   >.
MichaelC: action 2124 is for Janina. Should we transfer it to Leonie?
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Input_Events 
action 2110 was for Leonie to review comments. This has been closed and Leonie is no longer considered a critical path
<trackbot> Error finding '2110'. You can review and register nicknames at < http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users >.
<MichaelC> action-2093 due 6 months
<trackbot> Set action-2093 Re-raise svg2 for review due date to 2017-10-19.
Michael has an action to ping SVG2. It's not dead, but nothing is happening, so I will reset the ping to another 6 months.
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html 
<MichaelC> CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 4
michaelC: Two new actions that are CSS: CSS Image Values and Replaced Content level 4
Janina: do these need review?
Tdrake: I would say images need review.
<MichaelC> ACTION: ted to manage review for CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-images-4/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/19-apa-minutes.html#action01 ]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2126 - Manage review for css image values and replaced content module level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-images-4/  [on Ted Drake - due 2017-04-26].
CSS Fill and stroke module, level 3
<MichaelC> CSS Fill and Stroke Module Level 3
there's a whole bunch of methods for defining fills, strokes, and these are probably very familiar to those building vector graphics. This is probably related to SVG, but possibly also towards boxes.
janina: does this need review?
MichaelC: These are probably just CSS versions of SVG properties. There could be interesting issues arise when using transparencies and colors. It's more of a technique/authoring guidance.
There's a privacy/security section, but no accessibility section. It needs an accessibility consideration section, but probably not more than that?
janina: any chance we could get this out of respec
Michaelc: Shane would be the best person to follow up with the re-spec flow.
janina: I think we could skip this for now, as it is a first draft. add a note that it needs an accessibility impact statement.
Do we have a problem with people creating a spec in github that never makes it to TR and doesn't land on our radar?
Keyboard Lock is an example
michaelC: This is written as a working group draft, but it is not yet.
The authors are in the Web Platform Group, it's probably just an error.
Specs coming from community groups may not come to us until they are quite mature and it's difficult to make comments. We need a process to surface these earlier. This is done outside the W3C github repository and is in the author's personal github repository.
This is probably a proposal the author is making.
janina: I've also seen this in the music group
michaelC: it's hard to track the various community groups. You have to search mailing lists for potential specs.
The keyboard lock proposal will allow your browser to receive keys that normally only your operating system receives. Accessibility hotkeys may be relevant.
janina: add a note the pedigree of the proposal is questionable and to check with the web platforms group.
Michael is adding these notes to the wiki
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/System_Keyboard_Lock 
zakim: bye
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: ted to manage review for CSS Image Values and  Replaced Content Module Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-images-4/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/19-apa-minutes.html#action01 ]
 

Summary of Resolutions
 


Ted Drake | Principal Engineer,
Intuit Accessibility
Work Phone: (650) 944-5265| Cell Phone: (650) 245-4825 | ted_drake@intuit.com
Twitter: @ted_drake <http://twitter.com/ted_drake>
 
Intuit | simplify the business of lifetm




Received on Wednesday, 19 April 2017 17:54:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:02 UTC