W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > April 2017

Minutes for APA 5 April 2017

From: Michiel Bijl (list) <michiel.list@moiety.me>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 17:42:01 +0100
To: APA WG <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <486D10F5-61CB-460A-93FD-5341CD5B39A3@moiety.me>
Minutes for today’s APA call can be found as text in this e-mail or at the following URL: https://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-apa-minutes.html

— Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

05 Apr 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          MichielBijl, jasonjgw, MichaelC, Michiel, Gottfried,
          Léonie

   Regrets
          Joanie, Janina

   Chair
          MichaelC

   Scribe
          MichielBijl, MichaelC

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [6]APA Task Forces: RQTF, Dr. Jason White
         3. [7]Community Groups Review
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
         4. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         5. [9]new on TR
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_N
            ot_Checked
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   <MichaelC> lw: update of HTML 5.2 coming tomorrow

   <MichaelC> will sent to APA

   <MichaelC> there are things to interest us

   <MichaelC> plan to go to CR in June

   <MichaelC> HTML-AAM on same timeline

   <MichaelC> if can resolve dependency on CORE-AAM

APA Task Forces: RQTF, Dr. Jason White

   <MichaelC> jw: RQTF operating since 2016

   <MichaelC> taking over work on CAPTCHA

   <MichaelC> which is an APA deliverable

   <MichaelC> preparing a report in the upcoming weeks

   <MichaelC> which will conclude that topic

   <MichaelC> then moving on to authentication

   <MichaelC> relates to WebAuthn and AG WGs

   <MichaelC> anticipating research questions related to
   personalization

   <MichaelC> starting to see other research questions as well

   <MichaelC> beyond this, want to start asking questions re spec
   reviews

   <MichaelC> know Janina has been considering API a11y issues

   <MichaelC> so, thoughts on current and new research topics?

   <MichaelC> mc: personalization semantics is part of ARIA

   <MichaelC> AG WG has potential SC but they may need to be
   recast

   <MichaelC> jw: AG work also impacts authentication

   <MichaelC> mc: what is next step on CAPTCHA?

   <MichaelC> jw: APA should review the report and plan how it
   wants to update the CAPTCHA doc

   <MichaelC> likely there will be some interaction between RQTF
   and whoever takes that up

   <Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to clarify personalization and to
   ask next steps on CAPTCHA and to mention
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

   <MichaelC> mc: APA specs that might need RQTF attention
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

   <MichaelC> jw: how should we use this?

   <MichaelC> mc: let´s ask Janina, maybe spoon-feed issues, maybe
   RQTF takes up what it seems interesting

   <MichaelC> jf: who updates CAPTCHA doc?

   <MichaelC> not RQTF?

   <MichaelC> jw: right, it´s out of scope for RQTF

   <MichaelC> mc: it´s APA, though RQTF is also APA

   <MichaelC> it´s Note track but we´d publish review drafts

   <MichaelC> jf: tentative hand up for being involved,
   considering other tasks

   <MichaelC> jf: what about EME research?

   <MichaelC> mc: hasn´t yet been a research priority

   <MichaelC> based on initial stuff we did that didn´t suggest
   major concerns for us

   <MichaelC> notwithstanding discussion that continues

   <MichaelC> jw: RQTF still has room for more participants

   <MichaelC> which would help in some of the research priorities

   <MichaelC> jf: how many regular?

   <MichaelC> jw: not many, though some because of an influx of
   regrets

   <MichaelC> there are a few W3C wonks and a few external
   contributor types involved

   <MichaelC> jf: maybe I can scare someone up

   <MichaelC> jw: with research backgrounds?

   <MichaelC> jf: they´re subject matter experts, not researchers;
   does that matter?

   <MichaelC> jw: published research not a requirement, we take a
   broad view of research experience

Community Groups Review
[14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   <MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

   MC: There’re CG for WebVR

   Also a WG being formed I believe

   Do think we need to follow this.

   Do we want to track WebVR?

   Will move it to the track list page.

   Think we triaged most of them.

   There’s a CG for ePUB 3

   There’s a WG being formed for it.

   They propose to liase with ARIA

   Not necessarily with APA

   GZ: It’s probably more than just ARIA that’s involved

   Like multimedia embedding

   Think we should keep an eye on it

   MC: Okay, will put on the list

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2121

   <trackbot> action-2121 -- Léonie Watson to Review css basic
   user interface module level 3 (css3 ui)
   [16]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/ -- due 2017-03-22 -- OPEN

     [16] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2121

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2121

   LW: Can you give me another week?

   <MichaelC> action-2121 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2121 Review css basic user interface
   module level 3 (css3 ui) [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/
   due date to 2017-04-12.

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/

   MC: Sure.

   action-2120

   <trackbot> action-2120 -- John Foliot to Review web
   publications use cases and requirements
   [19]https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ -- due 2017-03-29 -- OPEN

     [19] https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

   JF: Still open

   MC: That’s all of the pingable actions.

new on TR
[21]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Not_Checked

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Not_Checked

   MC: There’re no new publications that we haven’t discussed
   already

   No other items on the agenda.

   <scribe> scribe: MichaelC

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/04/05 16:40:58 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [24]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/RQTF?]/RQTF?/
Succeeded: s/There/MC: There/
Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final

*** RESTARTING DUE TO EMBEDDED OPTIONS ***

Present: MichielBijl jasonjgw MichaelC Michiel Gottfried Léonie
Regrets: Joanie Janina
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Found Scribe: MichaelC
Scribes: MichielBijl, MichaelC
Agenda: [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0000
.html
Found Date: 05 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [26]http://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0000.html
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [27]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


Received on Wednesday, 5 April 2017 16:42:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:02 UTC