W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > October 2016

APA Meeting notes for October 19, 2016

From: Drake, Ted <Ted_Drake@intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:07:42 +0000
To: "public-apa@w3.org" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CA23437F-D28C-4D75-9CCA-30C442529CCF@intuit.com>
Hi everyone, 
This is my first attempt as a scribe and I have new respect for those that volunteer every week. 

https://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html 




Ted Drake | Principal Engineer,
Intuit Accessibility
Work Phone: (650) 944-5265| Cell Phone: (650) 245-4825 | ted_drake@intuit.com
Twitter: @ted_drake <http://twitter.com/ted_drake>
 
Intuit | simplify the business of lifetm



- DRAFT -
Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
19 Oct 2016
Agenda
See also: IRC log
Attendees
Present
Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Ted_Drake, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, ShaneM
Regrets
Leonie, Gottfried, John, Katie
Chair
Janina
Scribe
Ted_Drake
Contents
• Topics
1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
2. TPAC Minutes Update
3. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

5. APA's Accessibility Checklist
6. MAUR Redux--Errata, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.
• Summary of Action Items
• Summary of Resolutions
________________________________________
preview agenda with items from two minutes
<scribe> scribe: Ted_Drake
janina: outline for today's meeting
TPAC Minutes Update
MichaelC: all minutes are complete for TPAC
janina: we forgot to scribe the meeting with web authentication.
MichaelC: It was their meeting room and they did not assign a scribe.
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

janina: Janina will check to see if there was a scribe
trackbot, comment action-2081?
<trackbot> Sorry, Ted_Drake, I don't understand 'trackbot, comment action-2081?'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
<joanie> action-2081
<trackbot> action-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app manifest comments are dealt with https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest-- due 2016-08-17 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081

MichaelC: action is still open.
action-2074?
<trackbot> action-2074 -- Cynthia Shelly to Draft up something about an a11y questionnaire before tpac -- due 2016-09-16 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2074

joanie: corrected Ted on using Zakim instead of MichaelC.
History lesson on Boston bridge
close action-2074
<trackbot> Closed action-2074.
<MichaelC> close action-2074
<trackbot> Closed action-2074.
action-2077
<trackbot> action-2077 -- Janina Sajka to Review poe https://www.w3.org/tr/poe-ucr/ use cases and requirements -- due 2016-08-24 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2077

action-2070
<trackbot> action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

<MichaelC> action-2070: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Counter_Styles_Level_3

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2070 Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us.
michaelC: the action doesn't have a pointer. Looking up the case. Comments were sent in 2013, an ambiguous response was sent Nov. 1, 2014.
... Michael put in a pointer for response
action-2069
<trackbot> action-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions -- due 2016-08-04 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069

michaelC: action is to determine if response is sufficient. This is where we wanted them to provide extended descriptions. We didn't want to write them for them.
action-2063
<trackbot> action-2063 -- Janina Sajka to Review internationalization best practices for spec developers https://www.w3.org/tr/international-specs/-- due 2016-09-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2063

comment action2069 Paul Cotton would probably want a comment in GitHub for follow up.
action-2063
<trackbot> action-2063 -- Janina Sajka to Review internationalization best practices for spec developers https://www.w3.org/tr/international-specs/-- due 2016-09-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2063

close action-2063
<trackbot> Closed action-2063.
action-2052
<trackbot> action-2052 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

need to reassign this task. Perhaps Shane or Rich.
action-2048
<trackbot> action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

janina: Leave this open for John
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

michaelC: 15 new publications
ambient light sensor, it has been looked at and no new comments
audio output devices API. Janina will take this on and we will need a new action
Action-2050
<trackbot> Action-2050 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api -- due 2016-12-15 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2050

<MichaelC> action-2050: Wide review comments due 11 Nov
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2050 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api.
early draft, let's review in 6 months
<MichaelC> action-2050 due 2 weeks
<trackbot> Set action-2050 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api due date to 2016-11-02.
<MichaelC> Ethiopic Layout Requirements
Ethiopic layout requirements. how to write in Coptic language
michaelC: no need to review
Generic sensor API: no need to review. There is an open review request.
<MichaelC> ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format
ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format: there are similar streams and we do not need to check this
Media Source Extensions: not checked category. It has gone to proposed
<MichaelC> Media Source Extensions Byte Stream Format Registry
Media Source Extensions Byte Stream format Registry: no need to check
<MichaelC> Micropub
micropub - some churn on this spec.
MichaelC: we sent a comment in July, a reply saying it had been tracked. It has gone to candidate recommendation. They marked it as waiting for response, but they did not reach out for the response. Michael had subscribed to the issue, but didn't see the request.
janina: process failure
MichaelC: horizontal processes. each group has their own way to manage comments and our horizontal team needs to understand the individual methods and expectations.
... subscribing to action was not sufficient.
Janina: we need to follow up on the issue
michaelC: there is a comment regarding alternate text in the Microformats2 specification.
<MichaelC> ACTION: drake to check how micropub comments have been disposed [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2096 - Check how micropub comments have been disposed [on Ted Drake - due 2016-10-26].
<MichaelC> action-2096?
<trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

This will be assigned to Ted_drake for follow up. Ted was an early adopter of microformats
<MichaelC> action-2096: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Micropub

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2096 Check how micropub comments have been disposed.
action-2096
<trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

<MichaelC> action-2096: https://github.com/w3c/Micropub/issues/34

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2096 Check how micropub comments have been disposed.
ted_drake: do we have a deadline on this?
michaelC: advancing no earlier than 15-November, they need a response by that date.
due date of one week
MPEG Audio Byte Stream Format: Skip this
<MichaelC> MPEG Audio Byte Stream Format
<MichaelC> MPEG-2 TS Byte Stream Format
MPEG 2 TS Byte Stream Format: a level we don't look at.
<MichaelC> Service Workers 1
Service Workers 1
Michael: I thought I remembered looking at this before, it's possible it has been reviewed but not placed in Wiki in earlier 2016
janina: could this be assigned to Leonie?
michaelC: leave this as not checked.
TTL2: wiki says John gave feedback in July. This needs us to circle back
janina: Nigel at BBC has done research on this and has created a response. We need to look at this.
michaelC: John's comment was "wanted to talk to Glen Adams about profiles"
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/webpayments-overview/ Web Payments Overview 1.0
Web Payments Overview 1.0. This is a note already.
ShaneM: there's no interest for us in this document. It's a high level overview.
<MichaelC> WebM Byte Stream Format
michaelC: W3C process allows a note to be published without a review opportunity. This shouldn't be allowed.
ShaneM: Why?
MichaelC: There should always be due dilligence.
... A note can be republished as a note if we found an issue.
ShaneM: In this case, the note is intended to be republished often. Shane is an editor
michaelC: WCAG has republished, but leaves them as working drafts
WebM Byte Stream - no need for review
WEB RTC: Janina will take this and do a review.
janina: want to make sure when they pass on the UA it is important to know who doesn't have audio or video enabled.
<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to re-review https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/ WebRTC 1.0: Real-time Communication Between Browsers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2097 - Re-review https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/ webrtc 1.0: real-time communication between browsers [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-10-26].
<MichaelC> action-2097?
<trackbot> action-2097 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/ webrtc 1.0: real-time communication between browsers -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097

MichaelC: create action for Janina to review
... There's a due date on this action
... they don't have a comment date in the status
... we are caught up on TR
action-2068
<trackbot> action-2068 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up on eme comments from before https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ encrypted media extensions -- due 2016-07-13 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2068

action-2086
<trackbot> action-2086 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2086

michaelC: to review input events.
janina: are we under any gun for this
michaelC: they expect another draft by end of october
APA's Accessibility Checklist
<MichaelC> Draft a11y self-review checklist
janina: first draft of self review checklist
... W3C has asked us to create a checklist for other groups working on specs to understand where there are potential concerns and they should reach out to APA for potential accessibility issues.
... this is a first draft. We'd like to have a final draft by dec-31
... please review the draft and prepare to discuss in this and future meetings. Michael, do you want to review?
MichaelC: we should review other checklists.
Text options are listed when technology creates content objects that don't have inherit text backups.
A new team would look at this check list and realize they need to plan for accessibility before coming to the APA for advice.
MichaelC: gives examples of text, color, semantics that are in the draft.
There's a link at the top of the document to WAI Guidelines
The checklist would draw off the details of the larger guideline document.
janina: if your specification has no UI, skip to ...
MichaelC: Skip to next heading until you come across one that applies
... This is something I've wanted to work on for years. The question is this something I should work on until it is mature or should we bring it up for discussion early for churn
janina: churn would be good
<Rich> +1
joanie: Michael has a lot on his plate, it would be good to give him some relief
janina: we work as a group to distill our decision path into the specifications. This high level discussion delivers the logic (if/then)
... read the document and share questions and concerns right away.
... is it easy to find other checklists to see how they were written?
michaelC: I will find the list of resources and share them.
<MichaelC> Security and privacy:
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

<MichaelC> http://gregnorc.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/

<MichaelC> TAG:
<MichaelC> https://w3ctag.github.io/design-principles/

michaelC: pasting lines from abstract
<MichaelC> * Repository for reviews:
<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews

<MichaelC> I18n:
<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/International/review-request

MAUR Redux--Errata, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.
janina: we need to start collecting errata, additions, examples for specification development
we need a flowchart for specifications. Who is collecting the information that will provide the full picture for the specification.
janina: who's spec is responsible for each piece
... have a meeting with Ralph Swig?
ted_drake: where would we store these elements?
janina: github for each individual recomendations.
michaelC: there needs to be a link to the errata.
??: there's been a movement from static document to more wiki-like documentation
dynamic documentation
<ShaneM> https://www.w3.org/2013/csvw/errata/

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: drake to check how micropub comments have been disposed [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: janina to re-review https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/ WebRTC 1.0: Real-time Communication Between Browsers [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html#action02]
 

Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
________________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/10/19 17:02:34 $
________________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/zakim/MichaelC/
Succeeded: s/zakim:/MichaelC:/g
Succeeded: s/Zakim:/MichaelC:/g
Found Scribe: Ted_Drake
Inferring ScribeNick: Ted_Drake
Default Present: Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Ted_Drake, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, ShaneM
Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Ted_Drake Rich_Schwerdtfeger ShaneM
Regrets: Leonie Gottfried John Katie
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Oct/0020.html

Found Date: 19 Oct 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/10/19-apa-minutes.html

People with action items: drake janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]




Received on Wednesday, 19 October 2016 17:08:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:02 UTC