W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > October 2016

APA draft minutes 2016-10-12

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(List\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:43:42 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ffea01d224a7$cb075740$611605c0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
In HTML format:  <https://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html>
https://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html

In text format: See below at the end of this message.

 

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review CSS Values and Units 3
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-values-3/ - due 14 Dec [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review TV Control API Specification
https://www.w3.org/TR/tvcontrol-api/ [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael to re-raise SVG2 for review - due 19 April 2017
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: white to review Web Authentication
https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/ - due 9 Nov [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action04]

 

Best regards,

Gottfried

___________________________________________________

 

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann

Mobile User Interaction

___________________________________________________

 

  [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                               - DRAFT -

 

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

 

12 Oct 2016

 

   See also: [2]IRC log

 

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,

          ShaneM

 

   Regrets

          Leonie, John

 

   Chair

          Janina

 

   Scribe

          Gottfried

 

Contents

 

     * [3]Topics

         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes

         2. [5]new on TR

            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

         3. [6]preview agenda with items from two minutes

         4. [7]Other Business

     * [8]Summary of Action Items

     * [9]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________

 

   <janina> agenda/

 

preview agenda with items from two minutes

 

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

 

new on TR [10]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

     [10] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

   Michael: 17 new publications - I will cherry-pick

 

   <MichaelC> [11]CSS Values and Units Module Level 3

 

     [11] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-values-3/

 

   Michael: I have at some point already reviewed this - may have

   been an earlier version of level 2 or level 3 spec

   ... Now a CR

   ... Nothing new on the liaison list - from the times of PF

   ... That means that we did not send comments - but we may have

   reviewed it

 

   Janina: Maybe Fred could review?

 

   Michael: We marked this as medium priority way back.

 

   Janina: I think this was in 2011.

 

   Michael: Putting a link in our CSS Wiki page

 

   Janina: We had assigned CSS to Lisa earlier

 

   Michael: I don't want to volunteer

   ... Deadline is 2017-01-10

 

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review CSS Values and Units 3

   [12]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-values-3/ - due 14 Dec [recorded

   in [13]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action01]

 

     [12] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-values-3/

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action01]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2092 - Review css values and units 3

   [14]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/ [on Janina Sajka - due

   2016-12-14].

 

     [14] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/

 

   <MichaelC> action-2092?

 

   <trackbot> action-2092 -- Janina Sajka to Review css values and

   units 3 [15]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/ -- due

   2016-12-14 -- OPEN

 

     [15] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/

 

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2092

 

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2092

 

   <MichaelC> action-2092:

   [17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Values_and_Units_Module

   _Level_3

 

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Values_and_Units_Module_Level_3

 

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2092 Review css values and

   units 3 [18]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/.

 

     [18] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/.

 

   <MichaelC> [19]Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 2

 

     [19] https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2/

 

   Rich: I am very curious about this. In the meeting, they wanted

   to take some features out due to lack of support. I think they

   will come back again to this.

 

   Michael: So should we hold off on it now?

 

   Rich: We should say that we expect to see a modified spec, and

   we will review it then.

 

   Janina: At what time do we expect this?

 

   Michael: PR expected no earlier than 2017-07-15.

 

   Janina: We are well represented in this wg, so we can afford

   holding off now.

 

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Michael to re-raise SVG2 for review - due 19

   April 2017 [recorded in

   [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action02]

 

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action02]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2093 - Re-raise svg2 for review [on

   Michael Cooper - due 2017-04-19].

 

   <MichaelC> action-2093?

 

   <trackbot> action-2093 -- Michael Cooper to Re-raise svg2 for

   review -- due 2017-04-19 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2093

 

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2093

 

   <MichaelC> action-2093:

   [22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics_(S

   VG)_2

 

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics_(SVG)_2

 

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2093 Re-raise svg2 for review.

 

   <MichaelC> [23]TV Control API Specification

 

     [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/tvcontrol-api/

 

   Michael: First public wd

 

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review TV Control API

   Specification [24]https://www.w3.org/TR/tvcontrol-api/

   [recorded in

   [25]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action03]

 

     [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/tvcontrol-api/

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action03]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2094 - Review tv control api

   specification [26]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ [on

   Janina Sajka - due 2016-10-19].

 

     [26] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

 

   <MichaelC> action-2094?

 

   <trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api

   specification [27]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due

   2016-10-19 -- OPEN

 

     [27] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

 

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

 

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

 

   <MichaelC> action-2094 due 9 Nov

 

   <trackbot> Set action-2094 Review tv control api specification

   [29]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ due date to

   2016-11-09.

 

     [29] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

 

   <MichaelC> action-2094:

   [30]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TV_Control_API_Specificatio

   n

 

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TV_Control_API_Specification

 

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2094 Review tv control api

   specification [31]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

 

     [31] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

 

   <MichaelC> [32]Web Authentication: An API for accessing Scoped

   Credentials

 

     [32] https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/

 

   Michael: It is new on our Wiki, but not the first wd

 

   Janina: Do we have outcome from our meeting in Lisbon - by

   Jason?

   ... Should he review this?

 

   <MichaelC> ACTION: white to review Web Authentication

   [33]https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/ - due 9 Nov [recorded in

   [34]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action04]

 

     [33] https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action04]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2095 - Review web authentication

   [35]https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ [on Jason White - due

   2016-11-09].

 

     [35] https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/

 

   <MichaelC> action-2095?

 

   <trackbot> action-2095 -- Jason White to Review web

   authentication [36]https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ -- due

   2016-11-09 -- OPEN

 

     [36] https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/

 

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2095

 

     [37] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2095

 

   <MichaelC> action-2095:

   [38]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Authentication:_An_API_

   for_accessing_Scoped_Credentials

 

     [38]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Authentication:_An_API_for_accessing_Sco
ped_Credentials

 

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2095 Review web authentication

   [39]https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/.

 

     [39] https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/.

 

   Michael: XMLHttpRequest 1. This is a working group note now. We

   don't need to take care of this.

 

   <MichaelC> [40]XMLHttpRequest Level 1

 

     [40] https://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/

 

   Michael: These were my cherries

 

   Janina: We need to document the other ones

 

   Michael: Many of the remaining ones can be easily skipped, but

   don't want to decide this myself.

 

   Janina: Is this in the Wiki?

 

   Michael: I have been putting the specs in our Wiki from the

   beginning of 2016 - leaving notes about reviews

 

preview agenda with items from two minutes

 

Other Business

 

   Janina: Gottfried, are you in contact with the gentleman from

   the IoT wg?

 

   Gottfried: I will touch base with him again. We can build our

   personalization concepts on top of their specs - very similar

   to Universal Remote Console (URC).

 

   Michael: Re-assign actions to Cynthia?

 

   Janina: We need to talk tomorrow about how to handle this with

   Microsoft

 

   Shane: For ARIA, John Jansen is in for Microsoft

 

   Michael: In APA, Cynthia is currently the only rep for MS.

   ... We can raise the MS issue tomorrow

 

   Janina: Yes, good

 

   Bogdan is the person who said we should contact him for

   Cynthia's stuff

 

   Janina: Next APA call next week

   ... Meeting adjourned

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review CSS Values and Units 3

   https://www.w3.org/TR/css-values-3/ - due 14 Dec [recorded in

   [41]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to review TV Control API Specification

   https://www.w3.org/TR/tvcontrol-api/ [recorded in

   [42]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action03]

   [NEW] ACTION: Michael to re-raise SVG2 for review - due 19

   April 2017 [recorded in

   [43]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action02]

   [NEW] ACTION: white to review Web Authentication

   https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/ - due 9 Nov [recorded in

   [44]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action04]

 

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action01

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action03

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action02

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html#action04

 

Summary of Resolutions

 

   [End of minutes]

     __________________________________________________________

 

 

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [45]scribe.perl version

    1.148 ([46]CVS log)

    $Date: 2016/10/12 16:41:27 $

     __________________________________________________________

 

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

 

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

 

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14

Check for newer version at [47]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/

scribe/

 

     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

 

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

 

Succeeded: s/hold/holding/

Succeeded: s/CR/PR/

Succeeded: s/XHTML/XMLHttpRequest/

Succeeded: s/Jan Ses/John Jansen/

Found Scribe: Gottfried

Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried

Default Present: Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, BarackObama, Rich_Schwerdtfege

r, MichaelC, ShaneM

Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Rich_Schwerdtfeger ShaneM

Regrets: Leonie John

Found Date: 12 Oct 2016

Guessing minutes URL: [48]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html

People with action items: janina michael white

 

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/12-apa-minutes.html

 

 

   [End of [49]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

 

     [49] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

 

 
Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2016 16:44:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:23:02 UTC