Re: Audio Description requirements document

Thanks, Nigel. Much appreciated.

I will take a look myself in the next few days.

FYI and something to think about ...

APA is increasingly finding it helpful to request an "Accessibility
Impact" statement as an appendix to specifications. We've used such
sections to highlight items that implementors should not overlook, but
that are not properly part of the particular specification. Obviously,
it would go without saying that UI should meet WCAG 2, but there are
often considerations beyond that might be worth highlighting.

I'm not suggesting this is necessarily useful in this instance, just
noting the general trend in APA. And, I will think about the spec from
this perspective when reading it through.

Thank you again for syncing this TTML doc to the MAUR!

Janina

PS: We've found an additional value to "Accessibility Impact" sections
in documents where only specific parts of the specification have a clear
accessibility impact. We believe calling these out in an appendix helps
implementers simply by flagging the key provisions to check.