Minutes: APA Telecon Wednesday 25 May at 16:00Z

Minutes for today’s call can be found as text in this e-mail and at this URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/05/25-apa-minutes.html



      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

25 May 2016


      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0050.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/25-apa-irc


          JF, Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, LJWatson, MichielBijl,
          fesch, MichaelC, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Judy, Shadi,




     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [6]RQTF Formation
         3. [7]TPAC 2016 Planning
         4. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
         5. [9]new on TR
         6. [10]HTML 5.1 Review Discussion
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions

   <janina> /me One moment, Michiel ...

   <scribe> scribe: MichielBijl

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   JS: We are charted to create task force
   ... We will take a look at HTML 5.1 to review
   ... Some CSS stuff we need to review
   ... Thanks all for being on time
   ... Any items of interest?

   LW: We plan to send the CFC to put HTML5.1 into CR, on 2nd June

   MB: Interesting project: DictationBridge, they need funding:

     [13] https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dictationbridge/

RQTF Formation

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement


     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

   JS: Several of us have been working on that statement
   ... We are not ready for CfC

   JS But expect to put one out very soon

   JS: Want to take couple minutes to get people familiar with it
   ... We are looking for two co-facilitators
   ... We do need people to look at the work statement
   ... When people are satisfied we can move to cfc

   JB: Nothing to add, but happy to answer questions!

   JS: Any questions?

   MC: Small group of us have been working on getting the task
   force moving
   ... is it clear how this task force will help?

   GZ: I'm quite interested
   ... Have to consider if I can handle on top of current work
   ... Crucial to get connected to other groups

   JS: We have named groups we hope to draw from
   ... We may be looking for people that are not yet active in W3C
   ... Yes, we have space reserved at TPAC

   <Gottfried> Young Researchers' Consortium at ICCHP in Linz:

     [16] http://www.icchp.org/yrc-16

   JW: TF that can take those questions
   ... Questions that are refined within the WG
   ... Bring in the knowledge and resources of the research
   ... This feels like a sub team of APA
   ... My understanding is that a TF is a collaboration between

   JB: Not really

   MC: Not a requirement

   LW: Will we collaborate with WAI IG?

   JB: Majority of TF are under a single WG.
   ... My suggestion is to help find how separate issues get
   elevated through the IG.
   ... Just my first thoughts.

   JW: It is understood that there is an established liaison with
   the chair.

   JF: Outside of APA where are the research question coming from?
   ... Any place where the general population can submit these
   ... This feels like something we should collaborate with
   outreach and education on

   JB: Think that is an interesting observation
   ... Try to keep footprint within APA
   ... Also to keep scope to results of APA

   <Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to mention W4A also had a young
   researchers track; think that and ICCHP are good communities to
   reach out to and to say as a TF of a WG RQTF has work

   MC: we need to keep focused on what we can deliver
   ... There is only so much the people of the WG can do

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask when you are soliciting for
   members? Can I point people to this now, if not, when?

   JF: Are you looking for people to join this TF now?

   JS: Little too early to join
   ... Not too early to socialise
   ... We need to make changes

TPAC 2016 Planning

   JS: We will expect hotels to fill up quicky
   ... Early reservation are advisable.


     [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2016

   JS: APA is meeting Monday and Tuesday.

Actions Checkin (Specs)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   JS: There is an agenda item coming up for that

   MC: Skip that for now
   ... Some pending review show up here for some reason
   ... Three reviews on CSS positioning stuff

   FE: In the introduction they talk about moving elements
   independent from DOM order
   ... to do with Flexbox and Grid Layout

   <MichaelC> [19]http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html

     [19] http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html

   MC: In the meantime, are we deferring these?

   JS: Come back to them in a week?

   CS: Give me an action
   ... For the ordering

   <MichaelC> ACTION: cynthia to add headings for ordering in CSS
   AAM [20]http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html [recorded
   in [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/25-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [20] http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2046 - Add headings for ordering in
   css aam [22]http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html [on
   Cynthia Shelly - due 2016-06-01].

     [22] http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html

   MC: Might've to do it as PR

   <MichaelC> action-2041 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2041 Review
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout
   module level 3 due date to 2016-06-01.

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/

   <MichaelC> action-2042 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2042 Review
   [24]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout
   module level 3 due date to 2016-06-01.

     [24] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/

   <MichaelC> action-2043 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2043 Review
   [25]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout
   module level 3 due date to 2016-06-01.

     [25] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/

   <MichaelC> action-2037 due 2 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2037 Re-review
   [26]https://www.w3.org/tr/selection-api/ selection api due date
   to 2016-06-08.

     [26] https://www.w3.org/tr/selection-api/

   JD: Need couple weeks

   <MichaelC> close action-2028

   <trackbot> Closed action-2028.

   <MichaelC> close action-2023

   <trackbot> Closed action-2023.

   <MichaelC> action-2011 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the
   hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement
   could be solidified due date to 2016-06-01.

new on TR [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [28]CSS Grid Layout Module Level 1

     [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1/

   <MichaelC> [29]CSS Cascading and Inheritance Level 3

     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-cascade-3/

   JS: Anyone thing we need to read this?

   MB: Need to review Grid Layout

   MC: Want to take that up?

   MB: Sure

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Michiel to review CSS Grid Layout
   [30]https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1/ [recorded in

     [30] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2047 - Review css grid layout
   [32]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ [on Michiel Bijl - due

     [32] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/

   <MichaelC> [33]https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/ Timed Text Markup
   Language 2 (TTML2)

     [33] https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/

   JF: Vaguely recall there being a concern there.

   JS: Not sure we need to dive in WD, but need to look at it at
   some point.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: foliot to review
   [34]https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/ Timed Text Markup Language 2
   (TTML2) - due 30 June [recorded in

     [34] https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2048 - Review
   [36]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2
   (ttml2) [on John Foliot - due 2016-06-30].

     [36] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/

   <MichaelC> action-2048 due 29 June

   <trackbot> Set action-2048 Review
   [37]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2
   (ttml2) due date to 2016-06-29.

     [37] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/

   <MichaelC> [38]https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/
   Media Capture and Streams

     [38] https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/

   MC: Published year ago last

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to review
   [39]https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/ Media Capture
   and Streams [recorded in

     [39] https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2049 - Review
   [41]https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ media capture
   and streams [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-06-01].

     [41] https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/

   JS: Give it to me

   <MichaelC> [42]https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-stats/ Identifiers
   for WebRTC's Statistics API

     [42] https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-stats/

HTML 5.1 Review Discussion

   JS: Let's open the floor to specific questions

   <LJWatson> [43]http://w3c.github.io/html/changes.html#changes

     [43] http://w3c.github.io/html/changes.html#changes

   LW: Can give rundown of changes


     [44] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Should+be+deprecated%3F%22

   LW: There is a lively discussion about type attribute on
   ordered lists

   <LJWatson> [45]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/341

     [45] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/341

   LW: Reason to keep is that the style can be referenced in

   <LJWatson> [46]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/273

     [46] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/273

   LW: There has been a suggestion to allow nested headers/footers
   ... Steve Faulkner and Michiel Bijl have already commented that
   they think it's not a good idea
   ... Any comments from this group are welcome

   <LJWatson> [47]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/223

     [47] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/223

   LW: issue regarding dropping showModalDialog API
   ... ARIA in HTML is the spec stuff.
   ... Could I request you Janina to reply to our request for

   JS: yes!

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: cynthia to add headings for ordering in CSS AAM
   [48]http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: foliot to review https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/
   Timed Text Markup Language 2 (TTML2) - due 30 June [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to review
   https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/ Media Capture and
   Streams [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Michiel to review CSS Grid Layout
   https://www.w3.org/TR/css-grid-1/ [recorded in

     [48] http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [53]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([54]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/05/25 17:07:33 $

     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34
Check for newer version at [55]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/

     [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/We want to send out CfC for HTML 5.1 on 2nd of June?/We pla
n to send the CFC to put HTML5.1 into CR, on 2nd June/
Succeeded: s/JD/JB/
Succeeded: s/unordered/ordered/
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Present: JF Janina Joanmarie_Diggs LJWatson MichielBijl fesch MichaelC R
ich_Schwerdtfeger Judy Shadi Jason_White
Agenda: [56]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0050
Found Date: 25 May 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [57]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/25-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: cynthia foliot janina michiel

     [56] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0050.html
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/25-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

   [End of [58]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [58] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

Received on Wednesday, 25 May 2016 17:10:56 UTC