Re: APA Comments on the MSE CR

Hi Chaals,

On 3/18/16 4:21 AM, Chaals McCathie Nevile wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:47:30 +0100, Chaals McCathie Nevile
> <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
>> Hi Yosuke,
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:11:35 +0100, Yosuke Funahashi <yosuke@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Janina,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your comments on the MSE spec.
>>>
>>> I'll be improving the diagram in light of three comments you made in your
>>> review. I'm currently thinking about if an accessible SVG diagram is feasible
>>> for the spec schedule-wise and complexity-wise, however, couldn't find a good
>>> introductory material about the SVG accessibility.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate if you could provide me with a link to such a document or
>>> introduce me to somebody who can give me an introduction.
>>
>> I'd be happy to work directly with you (or someone else in the group, as
>> appropriate) on making diagrams more accessible.

Great, thanks!

>> As a starting point, I'd suggest you look at
>> http://svg-access-w3cg.github.io/use-case-examples/rectrack2-notes.html which
>> shows a flowchart, and what I did to make it *much more* accessible.
>
> Hmm. In particular, the first one there - RevisedRec2 - is much better than the
> second, which for example isn't very keyboard navigable, and doesn't have the
> grouping that highlights one part at a time like the first one does.

Wow! Again, thanks! Learning by practical examples is an effective and efficient
way to evaluate the amount of time and effort I need to put into to improve the
diagram. I'll look at these examples.

>> Perfect accessibility is a bit like perfect security: in general it is
>> mathematically impossible but it is still very important to improve as far as
>> possible.

Got it.

Yosuke

--
Yosuke Funahashi
Web and TV IG co-chair, Entertainment vertical champion,