Action-2077 POE Use Cases

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:05:40 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
This is an early note draft intended to describe various licensing
constraints that might be applied to content whereby access would be
limited to those who had paid for access in some fashion--e.g. on a per
use basis, as part of a monthly or yearly license, etc.

I suggest we have a problem here the group should expressly address.
Historically, similar schemes have been used to deny content access to
assistive technologies, e.g. Microsoft Reader, Adobe PDF (which to this
day includes a checkbox for denying AT access).

The group should clearly state it's intention to include alternate
access technologies among it's licensed uses, and require implementing
technologies to insure they will not be blocked, neither intentionally
nor incidentally.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200