From: Drake, Ted [mailto:Ted_Drake@intuit.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:02 PM
To: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group <public-apa@w3.org>
Subject: Introduction: Ted Drake

Hello everyone

I just joined this group, representing Intuit. I’ve been lurking for the week, as I am still getting accustomed to the experience and reading the documents on procedures.

I have been interested in joining the W3C for a while and Leonie’s invitation hit at the right time. The Web Payments standard has great potential for simplifying the lives of individuals with disabilities and I hope to play some role in the adoption.

I’ve been in the accessibility world since I became the web site manager for the San Diego Museum of Art back in the early 2000’s. I had the opportunity to work with many fantastic accessibility leaders at Yahoo for 7 years. I have been managing product accessibility at Intuit for the past 4 years.

I will probably continue lurking for  a week or so as I get used to the work being done and better understand the scope of the working group.

Ted Drake, Intuit