Re: iggy test server installed

Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> We're using somthing around DC 1.08 . Less flippantly, we're part way
> through migrating from 1.0 to 1.1 . The test server queries for either
> 1.0 or 1.1 (which inspired implementing OR which was great fun) and
> generates 1.0. The amaya client is publishing annotations with 1.1 and
> parses either 1.0 or 1.1 . After a reasonable deployment interval,
> we'll switch the server to generating 1.1 for the DC data that it adds.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  It all makes sense to me.  It
would be nice if the server could be "adaptive" and send DC 1.0 to older
clients and DC 1.1 to newer clients (but I do not know how the server
would know which flavor to send).

--
Mark Smith
LDAP Book Information: http://www.ldapbook.com/