RE: đź”” Linked Data Notifications: Call for feedback and implementations

Hi all!

I’m at TPAC in a Social Web WG meeting, and I’d like to propose that our group give the Linked Data Notification specification some review/attention:

https://linkedresearch.org/ldn/

LDN is on the recommendation track within the Social Web WG, and it seems to suites many of our notification related use cases. It is likely that developers will consider this as an option for sending notifications about annotations stored in other annotation servers, perhaps as a system of relay among various Web Annotation Protocol servers, and even for receiving “sent” annotations from a browser when the necessary write-semantics within a Web Annotation Protocol server are not available.

Now that we have a bit more time as a working group I think a “first pass” review would help LDN make it through the recommendation track, and that we might also consider this for further mention in a “Notifications Note”—if we find some extra time somewhere before February. ;)

Issues may be filed at https://github.com/csarven/ldn/issues

Discussion here with regard to our specific use cases would be valuable to both this group and LDN.

Thanks, all!

Benjamin

--
http://bigbluehat.com/