Re: placeholder test files

Hi Shane,

Tim, Janina, and I uploaded a number of new schema definitions for the
various body objects yesterday. Our thinking is that the definitions would
be used to test the body object and showcase exactly what the object is
with respect to the Annotation vocabulary.

We've also developed what we think is a good logical flow diagram for the
test of the body object (see attached flow diagram). Although in
retrospect, we probably want to test the *target* key first since, if it's
absent then we already know that the annotation isn't valid or well-formed.
We can reuse the attached flow diagram for target objects simply by
eliminating the check for the *value* key (i.e., the TextualBody case) from
the diagram.

Another thing to note about the uploaded definitions--we've adopted a
standardized and simple scheme for titles and descriptions.

Tim will likely follow up this email later this afternoon with additional
details. Will likely discuss some of this on Friday's call.

Regards,

Jacob

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
School of Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu