Re: named entity annotation use case

Uldis,

We have the same use case, in the context of encoding handwritten
annotations using the Web Annotation model/vocab. You can see an example
here, which uses a TextQuoteSelector to tag "Paris" and pair it with its
GeoNames URI (ex:anno3):
https://gist.github.com/timathom/1f4345ad63e25b0fda1a7f80de6fe0b2

We could have added a TextPositionSelector to select the same string, but
the quote selector seemed sufficient for our purposes.

You can see that the Target of ex:anno3 is actually the Body of ex:anno1.
I've been assured that this pattern does not violate the specifications :)

I'd welcome comments, suggestions, or feedback about the approach we've
taken, or ways it could be improved.

Best regards,
Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)

www.linkedin.com/in/timathompson
tat2@princeton.edu