Annotation testing framework

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:32:57 -0700
To: "iiif-discuss@googlegroups.com" <iiif-discuss@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Web Annotation <public-annotation@w3.org>
Dear IIIFers,

As the W3C Open Annotation work is a fundamental part of our technical
stack, I wanted to invite assistance with the construction of a testing
framework that's currently starting up in the W3C.  If there were two
communities working together to create and manage the testing and
validation of annotation systems, it would go a lot faster and be a lot
more useful to everyone.

The currently proposed approach is to build on the web platform tests, such
as:
  http://w3c-test.org/tools/runner/index.html

And then to use many distinct JSON Schema based declarations to test for
conformance to the syntax.  Gregg Kellogg (hi Gregg!) proposed as a sketch:
  https://gist.github.com/gkellogg/4ff74c27313e95a6b3dcbad6cc64277a

If IIIF can use the W3C platform for all of the annotation side, and then
develop our own higher level tests for the other JSON-LD components in the
various APIs, it would ensure interoperability at a much broader scale.

If you have any interest, or have time to contribute, please do chime in:
  * here :)
  * on public-annotation@w3.org

Many thanks!

Rob