Web Annotation WG Agenda for Friday 22 April at 11 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (US)

From: Timothy Cole <t-cole3@illinois.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:55:29 -0500
To: "'W3C Public Annotation List'" <public-annotation@w3.org>
The Web Annotation Working Group will convene on Friday 22 April at 11 AM
Eastern Daylight Savings Time (US).

Logistics / Call in details:
- IRC channel (irc.w3.org): #annotation.
- WebEx via computer:
   https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=me422bef2c6690852d7d9a2cf39f591b8
               or direct dial in: +1-617-324-0000
  Meeting Number / Access Code: 645 413 954
  NB: WebEx now needs both Meeting Number and then a password.
  Email Tim (t-cole3@illinois.edu <mailto:t-cole3@illinois.edu> ) if you
need the password.
- See also notes in the wiki: https://www.w3.org/annotation/wiki/WebEx
- We will continue to use Zakim (on IRC) to manage the queue.

Draft Agenda as of 21 April
Chairs: Tim Cole and Rob Sanderson

1.      Scribe Selection, Agenda Review.

2.     Announcements:
        - Upcoming DPub-IG agenda items of possible interest:
                25 April: http://spec-ops.github.io/html-note/index.html
HTML Notes and Note References (a potential HTML 5 extension proposal from
Shane McCarron and David MacDonald)
                2 May: Overview of latest Web Annotation Working Drafts -
model, vocabulary, protocol (Rob and Tim).
        - Other Announcements?

3.      Minutes Approval - PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Minutes of the previous call
are approved: https://www.w3.org/2016/04/15-annotation-minutes.html

4.     Issues close or ready to close?
       - #200 Should oa:start / oa:end be xsd:nonNegativeInteger or
xsd:integer?  https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/200
        - #203 Selector / Media Table.
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/203
        - #195: Can I refine a state via a selector.
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/195
        - Others?

5.   Horizontal Reviews:
       - Continue discussion of addressing Privacy Interest Group review
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/204.  Progress since last week?

6.  Plans for Testing:
     - Progress on Identifying Testable Features?
     - Progress on JSON Schema for Latest Data Model and Vocabulary?
     - More?

7. Time permitting - continue discussion of HTML serialization -
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/147
     - Work around for short name and external namespace references that
would reduce differences between RDFa and JSON-LD serializations in HTML?
     - use cases, goals of a Note on HTML serialization, endorse one or
multiple approaches?

8. AOB

Road Map.
After 22 April call, we will likely have only two more calls (29 April and 6
May) before F2F in Berlin. I would suggest that the one of these calls
should include discussion of any homework for F2F in Berlin, especially if
we have needs pertaining to outcomes of horizontal review and/or getting
testing underway that will facilitate what we want to cover in Berlin.

Thanks,

Tim Cole