Re: CFC: Basic Roles Proposal

Hi, Jacob–

On 9/1/15 12:52 PM, Jacob Jett wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Robert Sanderson wrote:
>
>     Except that as per 3.2.5, we might want to remove motivation from
>     annotation completely.  Hence I left them off the examples.  Also
>     the motivation on the Annotation would just be the set of
>     motivations on the specific resources.
>
> +1 for leaving motivation off of annotation. I think it makes more sense
> to capture the motivations for why each of the bodies is present (i.e.,
> how does it relate to the target).

I like how you put this. I think this is really a key to understanding
the model, and a great way to explain it to developers and implementers
(and power users, and extenders).

* A motive on a body is the way that each body relates to the targets.

Does the reverse hold true? I'm not sure which of these is more true:

* A motive on a target is the way that each target relates to the bodies.

* A motive on a target is the way that each target relates to the
annotation.

* A motive on a target is the way that each target relates to the bodies
and the annotation.

Would it depend on the motivation? I'd like to think not. I'm less
curious about it a semantic level (though I suspect that's a question
you'd like answered), but more at the level of clearly explaining it to
the casual developer in a way that sticks.

Regards–
–Doug