Re: CFC: Basic Roles Proposal

I agree with Rob that we shouldn't get caught up at this junction but you
have a point Ray.

That said, the two targets look to me suspiciously like a single composite
target, in which case the "comparing" motivation would be a property of the
composite target node and "anteceding" / "succeeding" would be the
motivations of the nodes that comprise the composite. From that
perspective, no motivation for the annotation node would be needed.

Discussion of whether or not the content-bearing / identifying nodes buried
within the hierarchical structures of multiplicity objects should be
allowed to have motivations likely needs to happen after we resolve things
at the body / target level.

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu