Re: Comments on Model WD of 2015-10-15: Editorial comments

Thanks for the comments, Ivan!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> • All the references are marked as informative references. I do not think
> this is correct; some of those (reference to JSON-LD, Turtle, various
> RFC-s, etc) are clearly normative and should be marked as such. On the
> other hand, we will have to be careful not to use as normative reference a
> document that is still in flux (e.g., Jeni's document on fragment ID usage)

Agreed. That's my fault ... how do you get respec to put them in as
normative references rather than informative?

• We have to separate the normative and informative sections in the
> document. Section 1, Appendix C, E, F are probably informative, the rest
> are normative. There may be subsections that are also informative, I did
> not check.

I wondered about this, actually.  The use cases in the sections are all
informative.  The normative parts are just the model bits of each section,
but they're not full numbered sections ...

> • Isn't it correct that, in English, it is considered better to use
> 'zero' instead of '0', 'one' instead of '1', etc, for small numbers? This
> pattern is used quite a number of times in the text.

In prose, yes.  In technical snippets, then it's less important and
personally I find the numerals easier to scan than a bunch of text.  Easy
to change, however.

> • 3.2.1. is, sort of, the definition of what an external resource is, but
> the text itself is not *really* defining it. Even after reading it is
> unclear whether there is a difference between a Web Resource and and
> External resource… Actually, is there?

This is one of the areas where I was trying to avoid talking in linked data
terms, and it came out mediocre.

The thinking is:  There are resources which, as we know, include things
like SpecificResource, EmbeddedContent, Choice, and all of the other nodes
in the Annotation graph.  But we want to talk about resources that are
-not- encapsulated in the graph, just described in it, like blog posts,
images, videos, data sets and so forth.

So ... Web Resource ... but then some of those things could be Web
Resources as well.  So I punted and talked about "External Resources" :S

Suggestions welcome.

> • In section 3.2.1.1. there seems to be a mixup in the example. The
> Turtle example seems to be different from the JSON-LD one…

Yes, I forgot to update for the use case from the vanilla example. *blush*
My example checking script should check isomorphism between the examples,
not just for syntax errors.