Re: Web Annotation Protocol: Searching method

Hi Hugo,

I'm currently in the process of updating the annotation protocol draft [1]
to set the ground work for search.  ln particular, we assessed the use of
LDP Paging and found several use cases for ordering the results within a
single page that are not supported by it.  Instead, we worked with the
Social Web Working Group to ensure that the OrderedCollection class in
ActivityStreams 2.0 would meet those needs.

The proposal [2] has not yet been integrated to the protocol document, but
I expect to get to it next week.

This is also expected to inform and be informed by the IIIF search
specification, currently in draft at [3].  The IIIF specification is
centered on the page (or AnnotationList) rather than the collection (or
Layer) but the structure and properties are the same other than the search
specific properties relayed in [4].  The Web Annotation WG have not yet
discussed whether an auto-complete service (similar to [5]) would be in
scope or not.

Hope that helps,

Rob

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/