Re: [web-annotation] Allow >1 role per resource

From: Jacob via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:51:27 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
+1 for cleaning up the cardinality requirements.

I'd also like to add an observation that I thought one of the use
cases that "roles" (or purposes) and motivations are intended to
service is retrieval of annotations by "kind", i.e., there're like
*fuzzy classes*. E.g., one can search for all "editing" annotations or
 annotation bodies and get them back from a search feature.

IMO, it's a information retrieval (IR) system design best practice to
allow for more than one "kind" to be asserted as it allows relevant
(and probably even pertinent) search results to returned for multiple
kinds of queries. So I'd be -1 for either motivation or "role" /
purpose (whatever we finally decide to call it) to be 0 or 1
properties as it'll be a serious drag on search functionality.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jjett
Please view or discuss this issue at