Re: [web-annotation] Rename `role` to `motive`

From: BigBlueHat via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:19:50 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
Word choice not withstanding, the core issues seem to be:
 - bodies can be anything (not just embedded text content)
 - bodies can be reused (anywhere...not just in an Annotation; they
could be remote text, images, etc)
 - UA's need to know why this particular body is included in this
Annotation (hence `reason`, `purpose`, `role`, `intent`, and even
`motive` or `motivation`).

So, we're trying to craft a way to say "this body is in this
annotation because" *without* saying "this body is a..."

Whatever we discuss here, keep those two things in mind, and I think
we'll not end up repainting this bike shed again. :smile:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by BigBlueHat
Please view or discuss this issue at