Re: [web-annotation] Make Selectors available for the wide world?

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:00:48 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org

Regarding (1) and (2), I wouldn't mind moving all of section 4 to a
different namespace, including SpecificResource, State, Selector,
Style and associated properties.  Moving _just_ the Selector classes
seems meaningless as:

 * You still need to have a oa:SpecificResource to attach the
xxx:Selector to.
 * You still need to have something in the documentation pointing to
the selector documentation, and vice versa for the SpecificResource.

But given the above, I'm overall :-1: to the change as proposed as
there's no real benefit from adding another namespace, and a not
trivial amount of work to have Selectors go through the process
separately from the rest of the model. I would be -0 to extracting the
 entire section.

And I am strongly :-1: to (3). It's a lot of additional work, and I
believe technically impossible given the current IETF standards around
 fragments. At the very least it would need the blessing of the TAG
before starting work.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by azaroth42
Please view or discuss this issue at