Re: [web-annotation] Rename `role` to `motive`

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 16:07:25 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I can see the problems raised by @shepazu; we indeed use a slightly
overloaded terms which may backfire on us at some point. I am not sure
 what to replace it with, though. None of the ones in this thread
seems to be a good alternative either. Maybe ``purpose``, raised by
@azaroth42, is a good alternative and not a term widely used in Web
technologies.

(We should be careful not make a big deal out of this, though, because
 it is not a central issue. If we find a proper name that everybody is
 happy with soon, let us take it, otherwise just move on...)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at