Re: [web-annotation] Make Selectors available for the wide world?

From: Randall Leeds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 06:23:18 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
:+1: to items (1) and (2)

I am not as interested in a fragment syntax. I have often explained
the purpose of the selectors as a mechanism to escape the need to
define a fragment syntax, a projection to a single string, for
arbitrarily complex selections.

Whether some subset of possible selectors should have a fragment
syntax, for what media types, how that would come to pass, whether
vendors would implement it.... all very difficult to say.

I agree that the first two steps are editorial, though. Even more,
though, I am in favor from a readability / documentation standpoint.
It is great not to be distracted by the selectors when discussing the
rest of the model core and vice versa.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tilgovi
Please view or discuss this issue at