Re: [web-annotation] Simplifying hasBody

From: Ivan Herman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:09:57 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org

> On 5 Nov 2015, at 18:37, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> It was from this comment: #79 (comment)
<https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/79#issuecomment-153471521>
 and my response to it.

> The rationale I think is that we should do what we can to fulfill
the simplest use case in the simplest fashion, which is one string
body and one target. Multiple bodies quickly gets us beyond that
simple case, and adds additional processing requirements to the point
that it would be easier to have objects in an array in body (IMO).

> —

If it adds extra complication to add multiple text bodies somewhere,
then I am all for restricting it. But we already have, I presume

```
{
   "text" : {….}
}
```

Ie, several textual bodies do not complicate things. *Unless* we say
that if we use ``text``, then no multiple bodies are allowed, which is
 not what your proposal said...

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See