Re: [web-annotation] Do we need an `annotates` relationship for use in RDF and/or Link Relationships?

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 22:31:41 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org

I can see some value from a _protocol_ perspective in an iana relation
 registration for `annotates` (or `annotation` in homage)  and
`annotatedBy`, such that the links can be surfaced at the HTTP layer.
I'm with @iherman and Jacob that at the model/RDF layer `annotates`
doesn't seem to solve a problem that anyone has expressed, at least
such that I've understood it :)

The question I think would need answering is:  When a client
encountered the `annotates` relationship, what would it do differently
 compared to if it wasn't there?

--
GitHub Notif of comment by azaroth42
See