Re: [web-annotation] Functionality: XPath Range Selector

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 23:41:43 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
I don't see how text node slicing or inline elements affect
TextPositionSelector, as the text MUST be normalized. The use case can
 be fulfilled _without_ the additional XPath selector. The selector
makes it significantly more likely to be accurate, without adding
significant complexity.  By specifying as a separate selector, it
means we can alternatively use CssSelector to find the block. What
does the proposal add, such that as a working group, we can evaluate
the complexity of the proposal compared to the added value.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by azaroth42
See